It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

Serenity33 HB User
PMDD question?

My OB told me about a year ago that I have PMDD. I am on Lexapro 10 mg ever since but dont think its helping. Ever since I had mys one a lil over 2 years ago I knew something was wrong I just didnt feel the same. I started having depression and anxiety about 10 months postpartum and it got very bad very quickly, I was told I have postpartum depression/anxiety. My OB also said it could get worse bc of my PMDD. Before I had a baby I never had really any period symptoms now about a week or 2 before my period I get sooo moody and irritable. I lose my temper easily and get so emotional, I hate it. I also get extremely tired. What can I do and doe sthis affect yoru periods and ovulation? Thank you for any help

Old 05-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Re: PMDD question?

I can relate to how you feel. I get the same way about 2 weeks before my period, and am pretty much back to my old self as soon as it starts. I'm still trying to find something to help me. I was taking cymbalta, which was pretty good, but my doctor wants me to change to wellbutrin. I don't think that does much for pmdd, though. I have heard great things about lexapro. Maybe you just need your dose increased. I tried it a couple of years ago or so, but the doctor thought I may be allergic to it, because it made me itch. I really liked it, though. I would let your ob-gyn know it is not working anymore and see what he/she thinks.

Have you had any weight gain with the lex?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

I so know how you feel. I have PPD and PMDD. I am on Lexapro. I started on 10mg and eventually went up to 20mg. I was still having some PMDD symptoms and they were horrible. I started taking vit b complex, EPO, adding extra protein in my diet and I started the BCP Yaz. So far it is working. I love the Lexapro and it is gentle on the sex drive. I would think about asking your Dr about working you way up to 20 mg and also making sure that you are eating healthy and eating dairy products like cheese and yogurt that it really suppose to help too. Would would at least take the vit B if nothing else, it helps with women issues and energy and metabolism. Hang in there.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
(female)

Serenity33 HB User

Thanks for the help ladies. I just got my period last night and have been soooo moddy the past 2 weeks, its like I cant control my anger and emotions, anything sets me off. I have been irresponsible with my Lexapro forgetting to take it for days at a time etc. I think thats what makes me up and down. I will def look into the vit b complex. I remember a while ago someone telling me about that. I dont like taking medication (lexapro) I dont want to be dependant on them forever.

Closed Thread