It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
(female)

andre6789 HB User
Please, any help would be appreciated.....I am so scared.

Ok, so my last period came two days earlier than usual. Then on the saturday (28 days later) when I was supposed to get my period, I had sex with a guy, who had a spermicide condom, never came off or ripped and didn't ***. I know it was a stupid idea because now I'm really confused about my period, I dont know if the fact that it was early before affects it, or what happened.

Also, since I was having paranoia attacks, i took Plan B approximately 68 hours after the sex.

Now, I have been breaking out all over my neck, I have ocassional back pains and tiny micro cramps that last for 5 minutes at the most...I also have white discharge coming out and my vagina feels warm and wet, which is what usually happens before I get my period. I don't know if the Plan B has anything to do with my period now being all wonky, but I desperately need advice...I find myself having nervous attacks at night. If my period doesn't come by Monday, then i will go get a pregnancy test...

Any help, please?

Old 05-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Please, any help would be appreciated.....I am so scared.

Here's the thing about Plan B... It will most likely have an effect on your period. You're taking a mega dose of hormones, which is the reason why it causes some issues. As to how it affects it, that can vary. Some women have reported breakthrough bleeding between periods. Other women have skipped their next period all together. It's really just a crapshoot and you won't know how your body responds to it until you take it and find out.

The point of the matter is that anytime you take Plan B, there's likely to be some kind of side effect from it. For me, the one and only time I took it, I got insanely nauseated, from what I can recall (it was over 12 years ago), but I can't remember what it did to my period. But I know from research and from reading tons of posts on here that majority of women experience extra bleeding or no bleeding. That's really common and it's nothing to panic about. You should try to calm yourself and just realize that Plan B has an effect, and then expect the unexpected for at least 1 cycle or 2 until your body gets back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
(female)

andre6789 HB User

Ok, so I have been discharging white substance all day long and had tiny 30 second cramps in my lower abdomen....is that normal? What is going on? Does that mean my period is coming?

Old 05-08-2008, 05:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I'm not sure what that means, but I don't think you should stress about it. Like I said, when you take the Plan B, you're going to have side effects. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you were having some weird side effects as a result of taking it, in addition to the bleeding issues. Especially those cramps that you're talking about. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I really wouldn't worry about it. Your body will get back to normal after the Plan B has had a chance to work through your system. I really don't think there's anything wrong with you.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
(female)

andre6789 HB User

So, one last question...if I take a pregnancy test do you think the hormones in the Plan B will affect it?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

No. The test looks for HGH, which is produced by the embryo, not by you. Pills only have estrogen and/or progesterone. It will not influence the test results either way.

Closed Thread