It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

novapm HB User
Constant Bloating....Concerned

Hi,

I have other periomenopausal symptoms. However during the last 7 months I have experieced a continuous state of bloating. I had an ultra-sound 7 mos. ago which "looked fine" according to my gyn. Also, physical exam of my ovaries he concluded was negative. If the bloating were relieved post mentrual cycle I would be less concerned. My abdomen is noticeable larger in size. Even my kids have noticed. I have gastro symptoms, a feeling of fullness, can only eat small amounts (previously I could eat a fair amount) I am not overweight btw with the exception of my abdomen.

As mentioned I do have other peri symptoms but the unrelenting bloating, cramping and gastro symptoms are of concern.

Last edited by mod_007; 05-11-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Not editted this time, but please read and follow the guidelines for the use of abbreviations in the sticky

Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: Constant Bloating....Concerned

Hi,

It's unlikely that the bloating you are concerned about is related to your ovaries or other gynecological problems, since you had a negative ultrasound and exam.

Bloating can be a symptom of many different disorders, the most likely being irritable bowel syndrome. You might want to consider making an appointment with a gastroenterologist.

Good luck and hugs,

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread