It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

jbdctcmc HB User
Any suggestions on why i have brownish discharge?

Ok, i know its normal to have brownish-like discharge at the END of your period...but what about like a week before you're scheduled to get it? It seems like this has been happening to me at least once a month and its usually more before I get it...its not thick or odory, its just brown...brown-like blood or something. Today i have it accompanied with diarreha. I dont think this is how it usually is every month but today i just feel like flat out crap. Any suggestions?

Old 05-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Re: Any suggestions on why i have brownish discharge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdctcmc View Post
Ok, i know its normal to have brownish-like discharge at the END of your period...but what about like a week before you're scheduled to get it? It seems like this has been happening to me at least once a month and its usually more before I get it...its not thick or odory, its just brown...brown-like blood or something. Today i have it accompanied with diarreha. I dont think this is how it usually is every month but today i just feel like flat out crap. Any suggestions?
I would see a doctor, When I had that I was told I had BV (Bacterial vaginisious) It sucks. Even though it dosent really smell, I would still be checked...UNLESS you have just started birth control recently...That could be it too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

bleigh HB User

I get this anywhere from a couple of days to a week before my period. Pretty sure it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. I also get stomach upset or nauseated from time to time. I just call that PMS side effects. Doctor said it was fine.

Could you be pregnant? Some women experience this as implantation bleeding.

Last edited by bleigh; 05-13-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

jbdctcmc HB User

Lets hope im not pregnant haha...i just had a baby 7 months ago.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
(female)

alexis1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdctcmc View Post
test for bv...that includes mycoplasma hominis. also test for ureaplasma(separate from bv) . I've read these two could do that as well.

Alexis

Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
(female)

bleigh HB User

I was pregnant three months postpartum so if you are pregnant....I feel your pain. Wouldn't change it for anything though!!

For some women their periods change after having babies. The first year can be a bit off for many of us too. It's taken me over 4 years to go back to my prepregnancy cycle. But the brownish spotting has continued.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:44 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

Yeah, It MIGHT just be because you recently had a baby, BUT BV is known to appear with child bearing years, Thats when mine started after I had kids...Might wanna check it out, Unless you started Birth Control...Then its normal..Better safe then sorry.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
(female)

bleigh HB User

I decided to look this up to see what else has been suggested for this...as I'm suffering from it more lately. Some suggest that it is old blood from the last period that is flushing out of the uterus....others suggest that it could be a hormone imbalance. Some recommend to see doctor and have tests while others suggest it's perfectly normal (like my doctor). The hormone issue may be an answer for you as you are only 7 months postpartum. It's probably not BV if it is only during the week before your period. If it continues after your period ends, go get it checked out to make sure it's not something that needs treatment.

Closed Thread