It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

iahbaglady HB User
Problems with Thermal Ablation

I have read, with interest, the threads on ablation here. I had a thermal ablation last Friday. Unlike most; I had an icredible amount of pain during the ablation (I had a local plus a medical "cocktail") and for hours afterward. I also had severe vomiting and fever afterwards. I felt better Saturday morning; then worse Sat night then worse each day after. I have run a low grade (100.5) since; despite taking advil and antibiotics. I went back to the dr. today who did an exam and blood work. She said I either have blood stuck to my uterus or have an infection. I thought this would be an easy procedure and that'd I be fine on Monday. I had to cancel a work trip today because I was in so much pain. Does anyone have similar experiences or advise on how to handle? I was given a different medicine today to control the pain/cramping (had been on vicodin) as well as another 10 days of antibiotics. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: Problems with Thermal Ablation

I haven't heard of, or read about, anyone with the side effects you're having. so it's definitely not the norm. I'm sorry you're having to go through the pain and I hope the problems are resolved soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
(female)

iahbaglady HB User

Thanks, microwave; for your reply. I hadn't read of it either. When I had the ablation; my dr. said I reacted abnormally and had more cramping than other patients she'd had. Not sure if that is part of the problem; but I didn't think it would be this bad five days later.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

bag lady since i have done tons of reading on this i can tell you that women have talked about blood being stuck infections cramping for months so you are not alone also having to get a d&c afterwards and having the ablation redone i really dont want to scare you just be aware and anything new that happens let the dr know good luck

Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

iahbaglady: In every story I've read, the woman was out under general anesthesia, not local. No wonder it hurt!

My doctor performed a D&C after the ablation. Your doctor didn't do that? If not, then I can understand why there is still blood in your uterus.

Last edited by microwave; 05-15-2008 at 08:09 AM.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

maybe not a uti ive had a problem on and off since i got this done i feel the need to pee really bad i wasnt put under i dont remember anything because of the drugs but i also had a spinal done they gave me a choice at the hospital because of my tmj the dr said they would have to hyperextend my neck to get the tube down me and i wear a mouth gaurd 24/7 that would have had to come out

Old 05-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
(female)

iahbaglady HB User

Two weeks later and I'm feeling much better The antibiotics finally kicked in and I went in today and things are looking better - yeah! I am hoping this was successful and well worth it. Thanks for the support

Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #8
(female)

dac12957 HB User

Nice to know someone else had extreme pain and that I was not crazy. I had my thermal ablation ( he could not do the NOVA sure due to problems in my uterus) along with a hysteroscopy and D & C on Tuesday. I had a peri -anal block along with IV sedation. My comment to the anesthesiologist beforehand was "as deep in sedation you can give me without going to the other side" I felt NOTHING during the surgery but in the recovery area my "cramps" turned out to be more like 'contractions" . I received 4 doses of IV Fentanyl along with VIcodan. I was in considerable pain that first day but was a little better the second day and a little better today.

So far, no temp no problems other than pain. I hope this is the last of the problems.

Closed Thread