It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

Shannatoo HB User
tampon question

Hello,

I just started using tampons like two days ago and I've got the hang of them. Howver, I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding what absorbency level to use. I've been using a regular absorbency for the past few days but they seem to leak quite often, however when I remove them, they are nowhere near being "full" (and therefore, it obviously hurts when I remove it). I didn't assume they would prevent leaks completely, but I'm still having to wear a regular pad, a pantyliner will not cut it.

My question is, if they are obviously not full, why are they leaking so much? I am not a super heavy bleeder and they are fully inserted properly becasue I can't feel anything when they are in. Also, do I need a lighter or heavier absorbency?

Thanks!

Shanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: tampon question

It should not leak if it is properly inserted and not full. I believe you probably need more practice with inserting them. Just because you don't "feel" it does not mean it is in correctly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

I don't know. Tampons have always leaked when I use them, and I know I'm doing it correctly so I went back to pads.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

It may be the tampon. Tampax tends to be long and slim. Playtex is shorter and wider. Maybe you need to switch brands.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree about switching brands. You have to try new ones and figure out which work best for you. I prefer Playtex brand. Seems to me that some of the Tampax kinds leak a little on the string for me and I don't want it to leak more someday.

Of course not all people like to use tampons and they may not work well for everybody. I know some people who just never had luck with them. I'm a very active person who works out a lot and pads just don't work for me and aren't comfortable for running and stuff like that. Just try some new brands before giving up!

Closed Thread