It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
(female)

shawn39 HB User
Help - Should I be concerned?

I started searching tonight because I have a blood blister of sorts on my labia. Today is the second or third time I've popped it. It gets incredibly painful and popping it relieves the pressure.It seems to be occurring more frequently than it has in the past. I just finished my period. I read that this could be related to hormones or an infection. I have asked about it previously and I have been told it may just be a cyst or clogged folicle or something. After reading some of the posts I am more concerned than ever.

Here's my history. I have ALWAYS had a ton of female problems. I have been misdiagnosed with Chlamydia (it was a SEVERE yeast infection). I was told I had Herpes (again, it turned out to be a yeast infection). I had several abnormal paps but each time nothing was found on further investigation. I had two children. After the second child was born I again had an abnormal pap which turned out to be severe dysplasia. I had a LEEP. I had HPV and have since been cleared. I told my doctor after the LEEP that every time my husband and I have sex I have some bleeding. She said that I probably have some cells around my cervix that grew back on the wrong side and are being irritated. My paps have been normal.

Until I got to this website I was going to dismiss this "blister" as something I'll just have to live with. Now I'm wonding if this could be the start of something much worse. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Vulvar Cancer. This has been very informative - but given my history - should I be worried?
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
(female)

Pepper81 HB User
Re: Help - Should I be concerned?

First off it can not be a clogged follicle-unless you refer to an ingrown hair of sorts. If you refer to follicle as being the structure in which eggs mature and ovulate from then it can not be since they are located in the ovaries only. If it truly worries you then I would suggest to simply ask you physician. No one knows your body like you do and if you have something that causes you concern than asking your doctor is the best source for information.

I now that for myself when I have, what I might feel could be a problem or could be nothing, I ask my physician and it helps me understand what steps I need to take next and calms any worries. Although, I am sorry that you have had such bad diagnoses in the past, but medical professionals have the means in which to test any medical issues and help specify what is and causes your problem.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 AM   #3
(female)

mandy14 HB User
Re: Help - Should I be concerned?

Hi Shawn, I have had CIN3(2004) and just had surgery for VIN2/3. Both were caused by the HPV virus, that I didn't even know I had for sure until this year. I had discomfort/pain during and after sex for a couple days. I continued to dismiss this, as it always seemed to get better.
This went on for a year. (this is the short story ) I went for my yearly smear, and mentioned to Dr (at womens clinic) what had been happening. She really couldn't tell what might be the problem (lots of guesses) and referred me to a Dermatologist (Skin and Cancer clinic). She did a biopsy of the area on my vulva that was sensitive. It came back VIN2/3. She referred me to a Gynae Oncologist. He did a wide local excision, two biopsies and a colposcopy to recheck my cervix.
The moral of my story is, make sure you see someone that knows what they are looking at. If you have worries, don't brush over them, its always better to be safe than sorry. As for what you have explained, i don't think I can remark on it, or even take a guess. Only you know what is normal for you.
VIN is even rarer than CIN, and it is very sneaky. Some women don't even realise till its too late. The reason I'm saying that is that I really want all women who have or not had CIN to get to know there vulva. Any change at all must and should be checked.
Good luck. Hope everything is ok, and sorry if I have worried you more. But knowledge is power.
Mandy

Closed Thread