It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
(female)

marvies HB User
novasure 2 months ago

Hello to all... bare with me im new to this...I had the novasure procedure done 2mnts ago tomorrow as well as my tubes tied and d&c and labial repair... ive have read all the posts here i could find on this subject but im still concerned.. i have had spotting the entire time which turned to slight bleeding last night.. i also have some cramping and back ache could this be my period? i was due to start the day before my novasure which my doctor said was the best time to have it done next to being on your period so i was really hopeful that i would be one of the lucky ppl that never get a period again .. now im not sure. my sister had it done she didnt spot after or anything and its been over a year and she is period free.. but it has thrown her into a early menopause...im just so confused.. i did this to free myself from my house 1 week -2 weeks out of the month every month now after reading everything i have read here im starting to worry that maybe the bleeding will just continue and all this was for nothing... any thought? anyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: novasure 2mnts ago tomorrow

It's so hard to predict. Maybe you just started your first period after the Novasure? Have you told your doctor that you've been spotting ever since the Novasure was done?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
(female)

marvies HB User

oh my gosh im sorry to all its been 1 month today not two.. i dont know what i was thinking so i apologize for the miscalculation...yes i spoke with my dr and explained he said it was normal to spot like that...as for this being my actual period.. yep it sure is... its almost as bad as it was before i had all this done...is it normal for the first period after to be heavy? considering all the trauma to the uterus i hope they get better than this. so far i am very upset that it didnt work...i really thought this would be the thing that helped... will they get any better? i read a post here that said they can improve over a few months. maybe they will i go back the dr next week for follow up again... i definetly plan on complaining...i also am wondering if they can do a second novasure maybe to zap whats still there...maybe i just heal really well or somthing.. gosh this sucks sooo bad.. thanks for the reply microwave i appreciate it

Old 05-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I bled/spotted/discharged for exactly 1 month following my Novasure, so that's normal. My first period was 2 months afterwards and I bled fairly light but I had some horrible cramps, so bad I took Vicodin. It's now been 2 months, 3 weeks since my Novasure and my body is still adjusting. My periods aren't regular (but are VERY short and light). I figure it can take up to 6 months for the body to adjust, but that's MY opinion only.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Marvies, I had novasure and a tubal, and a d&C done all on January 10th..so its been - 4.5 months now....for the first 4 months I not only bled constantly, but sometimes it was incredibly painful and when I actually did get my period each month, it was as heavy as it was pre-period. I can understand why you are so frustrated. Ive now stopped bleeding for the most part, but only in the past month...and this week, out of the clear blue sky, with absoltuely no warning, I got my period. It lasted a full 5 days and yes, it was heavy...almost as heavy as pre-Novasure. My doctor is astounded...he says of all the NovaSures he has done, Im one of only ten people who actually still get their period, but am definately the only one who bled for as long as I did and as often...we are now discussing a complete hysterectomy in the fall, if things dont straighten out.
Ive never been more sorry I had a procedure done. Ive ruined more clothes, ruined a vacation even because of the heavy bleeding....in 5 months, Ive had about 20 bleed free days...
keep us posted.
Nikki

Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
(female)

mjp1028 HB User
Wink Re: novasure 2mnts ago tomorrow

Hi,Just found out about this web site, I am having the novasure procedure ,and D&C and polyps removed early tomorrow am. I was fine until I found all these postings. Wanted to know how you are doing since having this done in May

Last edited by mjp1028; 07-06-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
(female)

momto3boys1girl HB User
Re: novasure 2 months ago

When I went to my yearly in March I was going in to discuss novasure ablation. Well after much research on it I have found it will not be the best procedure for me as I am looking for something permenant and that will work. I am having a hysterectomy instead.

With that being said all the research I have found in most woman that do start to bleed after it will become worse than there periods before the ablation and the pain gets a lot worse.

Now this is not to say that that happens to everyone and some woman have a lot of success with it, but I did not want to chance it and have to have a hysterectomy anyways. I just think it is too much wasted time and money that I don't have. And with the way my body reacted to a d&c I had for a miscarraige I am sure it would not cooperate with the ablation.

Now this is just all my opinion and what I have found doing my research online.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
Re: novasure 2 months ago

Hi all--I just wanted to say that I had an ablation exactly one year ago due to anemia. It has been one of the best things that I have ever done for myself. Yes, I do still get my period, but it is so light I use nothing most of the time, a liner for good hygiene just because. I also had 7 polyps removed at that time which did not show on a Transvaginal US. What a relief. The reason that you continue to bleed is because of the cells that are remaining that were not burned away. For example, if you have had multiple C-sections or there is scar tissue, I guess the cells stay in those locations and cause monthly bleeding because they are receptors for estrogen. So, there are many situations where it wouldn't work. I have also heard that it can be repeated if it didn't work the first time. Sometimes the doctors don't share all the info the they know. It does however, work for many people and I am one of those lucky people. I really deserved a break anyway! Good luck to you all. FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread