It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
deceiving symptoms ??

i thought i was pregnant, at least the past few months, every month. i'd get nauseas, bloated, etc etc, and as soon as i take a hpt, (always negative) i'd get my period about a day later. i usually waited a week after the nausea starts, just to make sure its not a 24 hr bug, leaving ample time for AF to arrive. and it happened again this month. my period ended up being 3 days late, i had the nausea, bloating, frequent urination, etc for about a week, i took a test on the 19th, negative, and i got my period the 20th.

i had a normal pap smear about 2 months ago, my doctor said maybe my symptoms are acid reflux related, yet i have no heartburn and i have not vomitted. MAYBE i need a new doctor...

my question is: could there be something wrong with me that a week before AF is due, i feel nauseas EVERY month as well as may other pregnancy symptoms? this is becoming annoying more then anything, as you can imagine - every month thinking i'm pregnant [very deceiving considering we're trying.] does/has anyone else ever experienced something like this or have any ideas what this is/could be/might be?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
(female)

bleigh HB User
Re: deceiving symptoms ??

Sounds like PMS to me. I get nauseated, bloating, fatigue, and frequent urination. You may be having a psychosomatic response because you're trying to conceive. I wonder why the doctor would tell you it could be reflux when the symptoms you listed are consistent with PMS? Have you tried to alter your diet during the PMS phase? This can help tremendously with the symptoms. Also, since you're trying to conceive are you on prenatal vitamins? Vitamin supplementation can help also. Are you keeping a calendar of your cycles? This is a great tool to take to the doctor. If you're cycles are off considerably the doc may be able to look for a reason.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User

well, i have started prenatals because my gyno. said to start them since i am using no form of birth control. and, its a weird situation, we are TTC, but not beating ourselves over the head with it. more like, we're not doing anything to prevent it. it's just becoming a pain. i have started a "cycle journal" about 3 months ago.

i really don't know why my doctor said acid reflux.. my diet has been consistent for the past 2 years, a healthy serving of all of the food groups (with an occasional slurge on the sugar side ) its the habitual nausea and not being able to tolerate any food that gets me. i have no idea what my doctor is thinking...

Old 05-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
(female)

whit3 HB User

I've had similar things happen to me. My problem was that I wanted to be pregnant, and was unconciously giving myself the symptoms by wanting it so bad. Or knowing that it couldn't happen. Is falling pregnant something you've thought alot about lately? Or something inside you REALLY want?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User

i mean, yes i want one, but not so bad i'm going to make myself sick over it. like i said, we're not taking any precautions to prevent it from happening. we're letting "fate" take its course and if it happens it happens.

Closed Thread