It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

xtina84 HB User
"period" twice a month for the past 7 months???

I know spotting can be caused by many things, but I am having what seems like a full-on period twice a month, almost exactly ever 14 days. Both "periods" last around 7 days and the flow is identical- tampons, pads, pretty heavy. I have cramps with both- painful but controlled with Midol and heating pads. I have no pain with sex.

I have had an IUD for the past year and a half, but I don't think this is the cause because wouldn't my symptoms have started earlier than 7 months ago?

I just had a pelvic exam/pap on Tuesday, so I don't have the results yet, but the gyno did not see any problems/cysts/growths/etc during the exam.

She did some blood work (thyroid, CBC, and pregnancy test) to rule anything out. She also did STD tests, but I am almost 100% positive I don't have an STD seeing as I had to get all of the tests done 1.5 yrs ago for the IUD and I have been with only one person (husband now) for 8 years.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this??? I am sick of bleeding for half the month!

Also, I am 23, healthy, never had an STD, never been pregnant. please help!!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: "period" twice a month for the past 7 months???

Hi -

I don't know about IUDs or when symptoms can develop from them. I do wonder about endometriosis though. I have it but don't bleed *that* much anymore but before I was on hormones I did. I'd go for 2-3 weeks for my "regular" period then after about 5 yrs or so on the pill maybe less, I started spotting between cycles and have NEVER done that before. I also mysteriously cannot "skip" a period if I try and take the hormones all month. Things that "should not " happen do happen with me- ie I bleed & cramp between cycles and after I complained of all of this for a good 2 years or more my Dr did a Lap and found endo on my ovary (just the one, other was fine) and my uterus. Uterus was also full of bad scar tissue so I must have had this over 8 years or so before I got on the Pill. I'm only 27. Had the lap last year at 26.

If the bleeding persists, I'd look into Endo and ask about it. Do you ever feel like you are cramping almost all month long? Like only 1 week out of every month do you sort of feel normal? That's how i feel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread