It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
(female)

rhombus HB User
yeast infection home remedies

Hi everyone. I just got a yeast infection for the first time. I'm not sexually active and it meets all of the symptoms (I can't see a doctor because I'm temporarily far away from home), so I went ahead with a home remedy to treat it. I decided to use yogurt internally and it's working wonderfully. The only thing is that none of these health related websites mention what to do when you're ready to get the yogurt out. I dipped a tampon in the yogurt, so I got most of it out, and tried to rinse in the shower, but do I need to do anything specific to make sure there's no more yogurt in my vagina? Will it get me sick if I left any behind? I did a lot of research and I couldn't find one source that handled my problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: yeast infection home remedies

Do I dare ask you what kind of yogurt you used? Did you at least get real yogurt at the health food store? I imagine it made quite a mess...please see a doctor when you get home. NO one should Ever diagnos a yeast infection, especially if you have never had one before, without a proper test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

rhombus HB User

The problem is that I won't be home for three months.

I used plain yogurt--no sugars, no fruit, nothing-- that specified that it had live cultures. I put it on a tampon and let it sit for about an hour an a half. I think I got lucky, because I'm feeling much, much better now.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

Why didn't you buy an over the counter yeast infection product rather than messing with yogurt?

Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
(female)

rhombus HB User

I'd heard it worked pretty well. I didn't know if the medication would effect my birth control either.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Over the counter yeast meds are fine to use they will not effect your birth control..

Closed Thread