HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   Chances of Pregnancy? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/605008-chances-pregnancy.html)

RoseM123 05-26-2008 07:57 PM

Chances of Pregnancy?

So I stopped taking my birth control pills last month and had unprotected sex almost 4x a week maybe more and the day after ovulation (I believe) and now I am a week late for my period but I know you can be irregular after stopping the pill. But when I was 3 days late I had cramps and felt like I was going to start my period and never did. I have felt fine except my back just aches. Has been for maybe the past week in a half. I was also having frequent headaches but they have eased up the past few days. I took a cheap test from Dollar General the day after I was having the cramps, it was negative but I did not use first morning urine and it said if you drank a lot of fluids before it could dilute the urine. So I am not even sure I did it right. If I don't start by friday I think I might take another test to see. Possibility of pregnancy?

Tiffany13 05-27-2008 08:18 AM

Re: Chances of Pregnancy?

With this pregnancy dh and I conceived the first month I went of of the bc pill. They say it only takes a couple of days to exit your system and sometimes it takes a while for your body to regulate and then again sometimes it doesn't. I was very surprised but so happy that it happened so quickly since we had to try so long with our first. So I would say that your chances of being pregnant are just as good as any. Good Luck to you!;)

missmeliss 05-27-2008 09:29 AM

The exact same thing happened to me when I first came off the pill in December. I was freaking out because my period wasn't coming, but the pregnancy test I took was negative. I was having all kinds of weird symptoms and thought I was either pregnant or something was wrong. Turns out my period was just really late. Maybe my body just needed to re-adjust after coming off the pill. I even read that after coming off the pill you can skip a period all together. Maybe the best thing to do would be to contact your doctor if your period doesn't start. They can take a blood sample to be sure you aren't pregnant, and give you some reassurance at the same time. Good luck!

RoseM123 05-27-2008 03:40 PM

Thanks for the replies. Last year I had went off the pill and was trying to get pregnant and was a week late, but each time I come off the pill now (2x) I always ovulate that month.I had a blood test and found out I was not pregnant. Then started my period a week late. Then decided maybe I wasn't ready so I went back on the pill and a little more than a year later I decided to try again. I still have not started my period but my back just aches so who knows? Since I have already did this once I am hoping maybe I will be if I don' t start in a week.