It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

RoseM123 HB User
Question Chances of Pregnancy?

So I stopped taking my birth control pills last month and had unprotected sex almost 4x a week maybe more and the day after ovulation (I believe) and now I am a week late for my period but I know you can be irregular after stopping the pill. But when I was 3 days late I had cramps and felt like I was going to start my period and never did. I have felt fine except my back just aches. Has been for maybe the past week in a half. I was also having frequent headaches but they have eased up the past few days. I took a cheap test from Dollar General the day after I was having the cramps, it was negative but I did not use first morning urine and it said if you drank a lot of fluids before it could dilute the urine. So I am not even sure I did it right. If I don't start by friday I think I might take another test to see. Possibility of pregnancy?

Last edited by Mod08; 05-27-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Please use the correct board. Pregnancy board is for pregnant women. Thank you.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
Re: Chances of Pregnancy?

With this pregnancy dh and I conceived the first month I went of of the bc pill. They say it only takes a couple of days to exit your system and sometimes it takes a while for your body to regulate and then again sometimes it doesn't. I was very surprised but so happy that it happened so quickly since we had to try so long with our first. So I would say that your chances of being pregnant are just as good as any. Good Luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User

The exact same thing happened to me when I first came off the pill in December. I was freaking out because my period wasn't coming, but the pregnancy test I took was negative. I was having all kinds of weird symptoms and thought I was either pregnant or something was wrong. Turns out my period was just really late. Maybe my body just needed to re-adjust after coming off the pill. I even read that after coming off the pill you can skip a period all together. Maybe the best thing to do would be to contact your doctor if your period doesn't start. They can take a blood sample to be sure you aren't pregnant, and give you some reassurance at the same time. Good luck!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
(female)

RoseM123 HB User

Thanks for the replies. Last year I had went off the pill and was trying to get pregnant and was a week late, but each time I come off the pill now (2x) I always ovulate that month.I had a blood test and found out I was not pregnant. Then started my period a week late. Then decided maybe I wasn't ready so I went back on the pill and a little more than a year later I decided to try again. I still have not started my period but my back just aches so who knows? Since I have already did this once I am hoping maybe I will be if I don' t start in a week.

Closed Thread