It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

amyelizabeth22 HB User
Exclamation Please Help Me!

Okay. I had sex and he ejaculated 5 times...it was about 2-3 days after ovulation. My period was supposed to come 3 days ago, and never did. i got the cramping and bloating and such but then it just went away but i still have bloating but no cramping. I was wondering if I could be pregnant?? PLZ!! i need an answer!

Last edited by Mod08; 05-27-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Please use the Women's Health Board until there is a confirmed pregnancy. Thank you.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
(female)

ginawest HB User
Re: Please Help Me!

You can still be fertile 48 hours after ovulation if you really know when you ovulated. You can be pregnant but there wouldnt be any sign for most women until after 2 weeks of missed period . Bloating can also be sign that your period is coming. Stop stressing yourself. Wait after a week of missed period and use a home pregnancy test. If you are not ready for pregnancy then I wish you are not pregnant. Just be cautious next time. Only those who are trying to conceive should have unprotected sex and off their birth control pills.
Im sure you are just stressed out and your period will show anytime this week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User

It's possible. If your period is always pretty regular and you are past the day when it was supposed to start, then I would take a test now. If your period is late, a positive would show up on a home test by now. It will put your mind at rest to know rather than stress about it.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
(female)

bleigh HB User

Didn't you just post the same problem recently in the pregnancy teen board? You are asking the same question you asked a couple weeks ago. Did you not understand that you must use protection? Did you not understand that if a man ejaculates inside you that you may become pregnant? Did you not understand that you don't necessarily ovulate at the same time every month and can be off a day or so? IF you were so scared before why did you allow this guy to do this to you again? I'm not trying to be mean, but I can understand going through this once, but to do it again makes no sense....especially after asking for advice and getting some great answers. One more time, use protection all the time and if you're not going to then you will become pregnant sooner or later.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
(female)

amyelizabeth22 HB User

yes i understood! but we decided we wanted a baby. i kno i am young ans we both went thru pros and cons of this..i just wanted to kno if it was a good chance i was pregnant.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
(female)

ginawest HB User

You wanted to have a baby? And you actually went thru Pros and Cons about it with this guy whose probably your age. Didnt you say you are 15 yrs. old with Type 1 Diabetes and is currently battling with obesity 180 lbs as you said it yourself in your previous post.

Your age alone will put you and your unborn baby at increased risk. Add your diabetes into it then add your weight. You do the math.

You need to talk to a professional or a concern adult before you make any decisions. Increased risk for chromosomal abnormalities and physical defects of the fetus and your pregnancy will be considered high risk by the doctors, meaning you will be monitored closely and you will undergo so many blood test, ultrasounds and screening test just incase you have good insurance.

On top of that, you are putting your life in danger.
It is tough to be diabetic and be on birth control. You need an endocrinologist and your OBGYN to work with you. Incase you are already pregnant, please see an OBGYN right away. Dont harm yourself!

Condom is cheap! Anyone who cant afford a condom, can not afford to have a child.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

im sure you are sick of all the preaching but you are too young to have a baby you dont realize you will have 10 more boyfriends after him. he will leave and youll be stuck with no life. condoms are $25 for a 100 of them please think long and hard before you become pregnant it is 24/7 job for life there is no turning back i was 21 and still not ready

Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
(female)

mummyandlilly HB User

Hey,

I Think Its Silly What You Have decided on, but i fell pregnant at 14. i dont care what any one thinks of me. everyone does silly things. i think u need to talk to your mum, thats why she's there. ditch the man, he sounds like a muppet. your age makes no difference to you or the babys health, although the diabetes will be a BIG problem. and if your over weight i strongly recommend you hope ur not pregnant, because i cant lose my baby weight and it'll just make it worse for you!! hope this little bit helps

Old 05-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

mummy wow how old are you now? my girlfriend got pregnant when she was 13 she just turned 14 when she had the baby. what a nightmare for her life her daughter is 24 now and calls her grandparents mom and dad they raised her so they deserve the title i guess

Old 05-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #10
(female)

bleigh HB User

I can't believe that a 15 year old thinks having a baby is something you just do. You don't just decide to have a baby when you're that age. If you do, there is something wrong and you need to go to counseling. The fact that you have Type 1 diabetes and are in need of losing weight for your health and think you're ready to have a baby proves your maturity level....not very mature at all. You need to be monitored by your doctor when you're ready to have children. I'm guessing you haven't even discussed this with your doc?? Pregnancy with diabetes requires lots of communication and planning with your doctor. You are not making a wise decision at all. Please consider the health of your unborn children and wait until you're older and have partnered with your doctor.

Women who have diabetes and become pregnant are more prone to complications such as high blood pressure, seizures, strokes, miscarriage, blood clots....there are more but these should be enough to wake you up.

Babies of women with diabetes are prone to being very large, having too much amniotic fluid leading to preterm labor, birth defects, brain damage, nerve damage......again there are more complications but these should be enough.

You probably aren't taking pre-natal vitamins or making sure your medications are appropriate for pregnancy. If you want to avoid the devastating complications listed above you need to avoid pregnancy. A good mother always considers the health and wellbeing of her children even before they are born.....what kind of mother are you?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummyandlilly View Post
Hey,
your age makes no difference to you or the babys health
Its not true that age makes no difference in pregnancy. A woman age below 18 is considered high risk just like a woman age 35 and above. Im not saying that all teenage mother or mother of advanced maternal age will generally have pregnancy complications but it is true that teenage pregnancy will put the mother in a high risk category by her OB doctor. This risk is commonly experienced by younger teens, because their bodies have not yet fully physically developed and they usually have poor nutrition. These teens generally suffer the worst complications, such as severe anemia and hypertension due to pregnancy. However, the baby often suffers the most problems. Teenage girls are more likely to be involved in behaviors that are not beneficial to their baby's health. Unhealthy behaviors may include drinking, smoking or taking drugs during their pregnancy.

While there are always exceptions, children who are born to teen mothers are less likely to have their health needs met. This can include nutrition, health care, as well as cognitive and social stimulation.

Poor nutrition doesnt mean you are not eating but not meeting your nutritional needs especially if you are diabetic, it makes things even complicated.

I am not preaching but I dont want you to waste your future raising a child when you are not ready. Teenage life is the best chapter of anyone's life and should be enjoying it and not ruin your life. There is always a chapter when you are ready to get marry and have a family. Pls take care of yourself!

Closed Thread