It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

JimmySara HB User
Labia size and discomfort

Ever sence about a couple months after my daughter was born (she will be 9 in 2 weeks) I have went to the OB/GYN a ton of times feeling as if I have an infection. At first it started being noticable when I went to the mall with my kids and walking A LOT in a pair of jeans. All of a sudden (after about an hour) it REALLY started to hurt down there like the skin was raw. I went to the GYN, but nothing was wrong. I went to see the doc atleast once a week for about 6 months, and finally he told me I had undiagnosed "something" (I can't think of the word). I think he just wanted to give it a name so I would stop coming and just firgure out what to do on my own. To make a long story short, I now get rid of my pubic hair, and it makes it 85% more comfortable. I noticed a long time ago that the left side of my labia manora (inside lips) is about twice the size as the right side. When I lean my crotch forward (to see them while standing), the left side is still sticking out. I don't know why I didn't figure this out earlier, but that is why I feel so uncomfortable all the time. I think the reason I didn't just put 2 and 2 together is because I just feel really uncomfortable "down there" when I don't think specifically about where it hurts exactly (I'm sorry if that didn't make sence). I know I have read about getting part of my labia manora removed, but is that safe to do? I know it will probably be really painful for awhile after it, while the skin heals, but it makes it all better? Please help me with anything you know! I have been in pain for so many years, I just want it to finally stop! Not to mention how stupid I feel not atleast hearing about doing this! The doctors NEVER said anything about this, and I went to 3 different doctors!!! Please help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Labia size and discomfort

If you can have it shortened up then do it. It will only get worse as you age and have more children. good luck ...no one should be in pain for that long.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

There are definitely women out there who have this going on and get their labia minora shortened so it's more comfortable. I'm sure there is pain involved, but then again, if you are already uncomfortable, in the long run it may be worth it. Definitely do a lot of research to make sure you get this procedure done by a VERY GOOD doctor if you decide on this. Maybe you can set up a consultation and talk to them about it first and learn more about the procedure. I'd imagine it just isn't something you want to go to just anybody for! I've heard stories about ladies who got surgery done to tighten themselves up after childbirth and had problems afterwards, so please go to a VERY good doctor and be sure to take very good care of yourself.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

you can get surgery but make sure it is a plastic surgeon and that he is not going to just cut it out i have read really bad stories about dr cutting everything out on both sides even if they only wanted one side done alond with the hood of their **** being taken off they have also said sexual pleasure is depleted so way your options and make a educated choice

Last edited by neffie663; 05-29-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
(female)

JimmySara HB User

Thank you all for all of your help! I am having a consult with a great doctor in Chicago. I am going to ask him a bunch of questions too, and it is a lot of more research I am going to do before I do this. The pain and discomfort I have felt for soooo long, is so horrible, I am SO glad I have figured out there is a way to make it go away!!! Right now the discompfort affects sex too, and I bet even if they cut the labia minora totally off it would feel better than it does now! LOL

Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
(female)

jackolantern HB User

This may be a dumb question, but were the jeans really tight? Even though you obviously found out part/all of the problem, your clothes may be contributing to it. I would suggest if you haven't already done so, to be picky about your pants/underwear choices.

I hope you can get all your questions answered and get some relief soon!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
(female)

NewMommy19 HB User

oh my gosh.. since i was 13 i have had this problem! i am pregnant right now and its so embarrasing for me to go to a doctor cause i feel like i look WAY differnt than everyone.. plus i also get discomfort when i walk etc. it feels like my labia is being pulled on by my inner thighs when i walk and in the summer i sometimes get a rash from chafing .. i am now married and my husband has still never saw me down there.. its horrible i cant be comfortable with him cause i cant with myself its been a problem for years except i have emailed surgeons online and told them about my problem and NEVER get an email back!! it frustrates me.. i was thinkin about askin my OB/GYN about tips but i dont know how to bring forth the question.. tell me if u find out a good dr even if its a completly differnt state! also do u know how much it would be? i heard u can do payments.. also does anyone know if this procedure would be covered by INSURANCE since its causing problems and discomfort not just vanity reasons? maybe RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery instead of cosmetic/plastic surgery?! if so what insurances do u think would cover it and who would i ask?! THANKS SO MUCH

Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
(female)

JimmySara HB User

I have a consult with a plastic surgeon on June 25, and I have read up on the doctor. He sounds REALLY good, and I have wrote down a bunch of questions to ask him too.
About the insurance thing: I was told that if your GYN says that you need it, insurance will cover it. I have made an appointment with my GYN a week before the consult, and I am going to talk to her about it too. Of course, this plastic surgeon is not in my network, so they are only gonna cover 50%. Oh well, atleast they will pay something!! LOL The plastic surgeon is in Chicago, and his name is Dr. Otto Placik ( I think I spelled that right)
I just can't wait to be done with this pain all the time! My husband actually likes my labia being a little big, but he is 110% behind me to get rid of it because it causes so much pain. Not to mention after reading about the problems of a large labia, it could be the root cause of my yeast infection problem, my UTI problem, etc. I am nervous to get it done, but at the same time I am excited because this hell I have been living threw for 9 years will be over!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
(female)

NewMommy19 HB User

aww congrats thanks for the help and i hope i can have some success out of this too lol

Closed Thread