It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

Nicole44 HB User
I need some help

I have a question that my fiancee and I need help with. I'll just explain the whole story and hopefully someone can give me some insight. So the day after her period, we had protected sex, but the condom broke. Two hours after that, we went to a pharmacy and bought some Plan B (morning after pill), it reduces the chance of pregnancy by 75-95%. It says within the instructions that the sooner you take it the more effective it is. So with her taking it two hours after, she should get close to the full effect of the pill. Anyway, roughly an hour after taking the pill, she started spotting, I know this is normal after a period, but I just thought I should tell you about all the details just to get the most accurate suggestions. Back to the story again, it's been six days since her period ended and she noticed that she was spotting again today. So with all the details, is there anything we should be concerned about, or does all this sound pretty normal?

Last edited by Mod08; 05-30-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Please use the Women's Health Board until confirmed pregnancy.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
Re: I need some help

Chances of her getting pregnant the day after her period are very slim since most women will not ovulate for 2 weeks after their period. The question I have is was her period that she just ended a normal one, meaning was the blood bright red and was the flow as heavy as she is used to. The reason I ask is because some women will still have a period even when they are pregnant but it will be different than the norm, blood will usually be more of a brown or light pink and the flow will be lighter. Is there a chance you may have conceived prior to this? The best thing to do is call her doctor and look into it if you are concerned. Good luck!

Last edited by Tiffany13; 05-30-2008 at 08:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

have you looked up the side effects of taking that pill. that could just be something that happens when you take that. you should have her call her dr and just ask about it because if she was pregnant when she took the pill it could be causing problems

Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
(female)

Nicole44 HB User

We have had sex a couple of times before this, but we always use a condom and it's never broke on us, so she couldn't be pregnant due to any other time. Her period was a little heavier than normal, but it was still bright red.

Last edited by Nicole44; 05-30-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Closed Thread