It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

Thuso1 HB User
why do intestines show on ovaries on an ultrasound

why do intestines show on ovaries on an ultrasound. went for an ultrasound and the doctor couldnt find my right hand ovary and said it was covered by interstines. how is that possible. Could there be somthing wrong? plase help

Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
(female)

angabeth HB User
Re: why do intestines show on ovaries on an ultrasound

Hello, it is common not to see an ovary clearly on ultrasound, especially if you just have an abdominal scan and not a vaginal one as well.( I had both and one of my ovaries didnt show up well either!) A scan looks at how sound waves pass through tissue- often other structures such as intestines, or in my case fibroids, get in the way and cause a fuzzy scan. This does not mean that there is anything wrong- its just that the ultrasound scan didnt show everything clearly. Why dont you go back to your doctor and ask his to explain the results more clearly, as you really shouldnt be worried. All the best, Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Didn't even know that I still had ovaries??? Beccapooh Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 16 03-05-2011 12:00 PM
ovaries removal mademoto Hysterectomy 2 12-01-2009 06:06 AM
Should I have gotten and ultrasound of my ovaries? irisrose Women's Health 4 06-02-2009 11:18 PM
Obscure Problem or Bad Doctors? Gastrointestinal Bowel Colon Intestines Stomach faithingod Bowel Disorders 3 09-20-2008 03:30 PM
Is it possible to get cysts on ovaries after hysterectomy? needhealing777 Hysterectomy 4 08-05-2008 09:38 AM