It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
(female)

brittanyg HB User
Exclamation abdominal questions - opinions appreciated!

Hey everyone!

I would like to start off with i'm a sexually active 18 year old female. I have been dating my boyfriend for almost a year now. We do not use a condom, yes I know we should, but we do not. I have had no problems before in my past, I go for tests every 6 months, I am doing very well.

I want to ask the opinions of anyone who may be able to help because I am going to my doctors soon and would like to know what I might be up against!

Last month, May, my boyfriend and I had sex quite frequently (without a condom) and I was supposed to get my period 2 and half weeks ago (around May 19th?) It is now June 2nd. I have been getting this on and off "pains" in my lower abdominal, all over the middle area. This "pain" doesn't hurt its more of a breif discomfort. Sometimes this occurs 2-4 times a day, and sometimes only 2 times a day to 0 times a day.

I also have been very tired lately. I have felt sick and not myself lately. My boobs are not swollen but very very tender. The slighest touch will hurt really badly! Um, I don't know what else I can say.

My questions...
Could I possibly be pregnant?
Am I getting my period?
or is it something else (ex. ovarian cyst?)

Much love,
Brittany.

Last edited by brittanyg; 06-02-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: abdominal questions - opinions appreciated!

Um, it sounds to me like pregnancy is a very real possibility. Go and take a home pregnancy test. If your period is over 2 weeks late, it should be pretty accurate (A positive pregnancy test means you're pregnant, a negative means maybe you aren't or maybe it just hasn't shown up yet.)

Whether it comes up yes or no, make an appointment with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
(female)

Escgirl HB User

Ditto ..... you need to go get a prego test ASAP! It says to wait till the morning to do them .. but I did mine around noon time -- and it turned positive in SECONDS!

step 2 - positive or not go to the Dr.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
(female)

brittanyg HB User

Okay!
Thanks so much for the opinions.
I was thinking that to.

No worries, I'm gettin to it.
I'm going out getting one today, taking it tomorrow.
Then, Wednesday going to my doctors.
I'll keep you all posted!

Much love,
Brittany.

Closed Thread