It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
(female)

Escgirl HB User
NovaSure - ablation - any updates out there - I NEED THEM!

HI! I am new to the womens issue boards!
Quick background - I am 38 yrs. old and had my first and only child at 36. I almost lost her due to low progesterone (I think very early perimenopause) - my periods before I got pregnant were fine - easy... maybe some cramps 2 times a year that is all.

After having my baby - I had (emergency csection due to pregnancy hypertension)... My periods are HORRID and HORRID PMS as well - I am a stay at home mom and my marriage is suffering from the PMS - and my pain is worse than the bleeding... bleeding way heavier than I used to be - but not as bad as some have complained! the PMS and the cramps are the worst part ... I need to be normal for my baby daughter ---- and my hubby I can't stand this.

Also, I am on compounded bio-identical hormones to help me with this -- and it takes a while to get balanced out -- perimenopause issues --- hotflahes and all -- ever since the birth of my my baby over 2 yrs. ago!!!! and this can go on for 10 yrs.... I have been told... hot flahes are now gone and some things have improved.. but my period is just getting worse. I take celebrex 2times a day and also another painkiller and lots of progesterone to "calm" my uterus during my periods.... horrible

I was told a myraid of things - could be endo and adenomyosis. I have had several horrible invasive ultrasounds and so far no endo, cysts or fibroids has been diagnosed .. I am supposed to do the bi=opsy of uterus to rule out cancer on the 16th of June and then the NovaSure Ablation on the following monday - 7 days later. I am so upset to read that some have had SEVERE PMS after the novasure... I am so scared. bawk.. bawk! chicken!!!! please help me with updates from all of you that have had this - I need all responses good and bad. THANK YOU sooooo very much!
XXOO
Esc girl

Last edited by Escgirl; 06-02-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot to post another issue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: NovaSure - ablation - any updates out there - I NEED THEM!

well i can only speak for myself because everyones on here is different i am also 38 yrs old. i had novasure done 4-2-08 i did get a period last month and was lighter then it use to be. im waiting for my second one soon but it can take4 or months to see the finally outcome. i almost chicken out too.good luck

Last edited by neffie663; 06-02-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
(female)

Escgirl HB User

Hi! Thanks for responding! what were your symptoms? how long did you have them? or SUFFER ...

and did you have PMS and did it help since your period was lighter? (less pms)???? or MORE Pms... this is a HUGE concern of mine....

THANKS!!
Escgirl

Old 06-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

since the linning of your uterus is mostly hormones at first i was having hot flashes, mood swings and sore breasts most of it has left besides the sore breasts. it took me a little longer to recover than most since i have other issues with my health to deal with. youll have a watery discharge probably for 3 weeks so dont jump back into your normal routine or you will get cramps or bleed ,not for everyone but it seem to be the rule. some women on here had not so great result others have had good results as of now im sorry i did it

Last edited by neffie663; 06-02-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

post op tips

REST REST REST and when you get tired of resting, take a nap.

Watch some of your favorite movies.

Read a good book.

Read a good magazine.

Go to bed when you get home and be pampered.

Let your spouse/relative/good friend, wait on you hand and foot if possible. Remember, even though an endometrial ablation is a minor surgery, it is still surgery, so soak up all the help you can get.

Use your heating pad for any cramping you may experience.

If given pain medication, make sure to take it before the pain starts - stay on top of the pain.

Avoid lifting - I know that many doctors say that you can lift all you want, but mine said no and I have read countless posts in the Discussion Forums of this Web Site where women lift things and they end up having problems.

When you return to work - do so on a modified schedule if you can.

No tampons and no intercourse for as long as the doctor says to avoid...this prevents infection. Take that very seriously and LISTEN to your doctor.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I just bumped up my thread called "My Novasure/endometrial ablation experience." Quite of us who've had Novasure done have posted about our experiences on there. I hope it helps!

Closed Thread