It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

Ireland07 HB User
Period late and Pregnant

dont know if i am pregnant but I have been googling and I seem to have all the signs.,.

my last period was near the end of april when it was finishing and i havnt had one since. I have some cramps which is weird but not to the normal extreme of period pain. Last week I went and got chocolate and all as i was waiting it to arrive and it didnt.

Two of my best friends who are always after me with their periods have had their s and its been and gone and i am still waiting.
I have ordered a pregnancy test in my shopping to be delivered today which tunred out to happen weird as tesco called and where deliveing later than usual and thats never happened and i asked the girl who called me could she throw one in there and she broke the rules and did for me.

I have white discharge also and permanant indigestion which i usually ony get wheni eat certain foods. Like today i have indigestion and all i ate was cereal and it dosnt give me heart burn like symphons.

I read it was usually around the date you where due to get a bit of pain but i am sat here thining NO i cant be as i tried for years in a previous relationship and never did.

I am also off the pill now for 6 months and yes i had unprotected sex. i live with my boyfriend have done for years. There is a chance but at the mo i am just in waiting and i am nervous.

I dont feel my period is coming now as all my spots i had came last week and it didnt, you know the big mountain one that pops up on your chin like a volcano well its gone now. It likes to visit when period is on or near due.

i know this sounds weird but this is how i calcultaed it. i got this lap top i had to set up norton security and there was 90 days free with that, its now on 57 days and when i set it up i was on the last day of my period when it was about to go away. Now i havnt had it since that,. 33 days ago.

sick of going to the toilet to check if i am on yet. and dont trust these home tests as i read they arnt accurate in early days.
i am just typing this to get it all out and maybe some advice. Anyone tell me what its like when your on your first?

i have no kids by the way and i am 26.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
Re: Period late

Sounds like you might be pregnant and to be quite honest with you a home pregnancy is a lot more accurate then you might think even in the early stages. If your last af was the end of april you are far enough along for a home test to work accurately and if you are pregnant you need to get on prenatal vitamins and get into a doctor... so test and end the anxiety. Good luck...keep us posted!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
(female)

Ireland07 HB User

My best friend has that feeling i am and a psychic told her someoen she was close to was having a baby in 8 months now i dont go for all that unless i see it coming true but i am the only one close to her.

This test cant come quick enough the wait is killing me here! cant stop peeing either and its weird since i am out of fluids and have drank nothing but one glass of water this morning. I feel like crap also.

why is it pretending to be on! no blood just a bit of white discharge and dull ache in a small area. I keep thining its coming on.

I think Mr Ireland07 will have a fit later if its positive. He hasnt grown up yet but then what man has

and i have put on weight and seem to be made of cellulite.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Going to the bathroom a lot is definitely another symptom. The reason for the cramping could possibly be implantation of the fertilized egg into your uterus, your tummy muscles getting ready to stretch or a number of other things. You said you would get your test back today is there any way you could do a home test in the mean time?

I don't know anything about Mr. Ireland 07 but if it turns out you are pregnant I wish both the best as having to grow up will not be an option! HaHa...at least the most a man can!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
(female)

Ireland07 HB User

I get my shopping delievered and its late today and i have a test in there. So i havnt done it yet as i havnt got it yet. Hopeing it will be here before the boyfriend gets home. he wont be angry at the end of the day it takes two to tango here and not like he didnt know what would happen. I think he secretly wishes for it but is being all macho. Anyway i am more worried how i will take it not being in this situation before.

Should be here soon the shopping so I will do it then, have to phone a mate while waiting on the blue lines.

weirdly I am excited and maybe a bit sad it i am not. I dont know what to feel at this moment. But it great having someone to talk to about it here.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

It is totally normal to have mixed feelings and you'll know what to think when you find out for sure....let me know what happens!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
(female)

Ireland07 HB User

done home test I am PREGNANT! at first i freaked and called my best mate and took a panic attack where I couldnt breath. She managed to calm me down , she has 4 kids herself and a great friend.

The dady to be wanted an abortion because he is immature and 27 years old and now wont go near me and has gone out but to be honest I dont care. if he is about to mess about he is messing things up for himself I will be fine. So i aint stressing over him.

I have wee cramps that worries me but read thats normal. I still think test is wrong but then I am like that anyway as i was trying for years with previous and thankfully nothing happened years ago.

Things happen for a reason and i guess that psychic was right! weird! she also sid it was going to be a boy.

i am freaking in case something happens like i miscarry as that would hurt me so much. I dont want this chance to be wasted and i dont agree with abortions in cases like me whos other half just cant be arsed. PLus i live in Ireland we dont have them things here.

I am scared to tell my mum! she will probably call me stupid even though she started having kids at 19 and i am 26. I have my own place a massive 5 bed house in a top area of the town and couldnt ask for anything more. I know i can handle it as i have looked after people all my life i started young when my parents worked all the time and then i went into that profession of caring. I brough up my sis who has special needs when I was 12 she was born and stayed in my room for years until i was old enough at 17 to move out to a place of my own.
so that doesnt worry me. nore does he just the miscarrage thing does or complecations.

I dont know what to exspect. thankfully my best friend is willing to run me everywhere and will spoil this child! thank god i have her.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Well it sounds like you have started thinking this through and that you are happy about the positive test result so Congratulations. I'm sorry to hear that your bf didn't take the news very well especially since you had mentioned earlier that it "takes two to tango" and the you have been off the pill for 6 months having unprotected sex. He had to have known that this was a possibility. Maybe he's just in shock and will come around after he realizes what a miracle this really is. Your mom might be disappointed at first but I'm sure she will be supportive and be happy to be having a grandbaby. Either way you sound like your determined to be OK and make the best you can of what you have been given! Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy! Don't be afraid to post on this board when ever...everyone here is just wonderful!

Old 06-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
(female)

Ireland07 HB User

Thanks for talking me through the last few hours Tiffany which have been really weird. he is talking to me now but there are visitors here so cant realy talk about it. I dont think its sunk in yet i want a docs test also but i have no sign of a period at all so thats an indication for sure as well as two big lines on a test. which i keep checking to make sure i aint blind and they are as bold as bold can get.

My mum wont have another chance to be a grandparent as one kid has autism and badly and the other well he is weird to and possibly gay. plus grandads only chance as great grand father also. I dont know how they will take it.

just want my bed at this moment . why does everything taste horrible now also! i got me shopping today and i couldnt even stomach a magnum or my fav biscuits.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User
Re: Period late and Pregnant

Congratulations! You have already discovered one of the many effects of pregnancy-food tasting different. I hope your boyfriend comes around and supports you and the baby but either way it sounds like you will do great and be a great mother. What a lucky baby. Again, Congratulations!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #11
(female)

Ireland07 HB User
Re: Period late and Pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak77 View Post
Congratulations! You have already discovered one of the many effects of pregnancy-food tasting different. I hope your boyfriend comes around and supports you and the baby but either way it sounds like you will do great and be a great mother. What a lucky baby. Again, Congratulations!!!!
That made me cry in a good way I mean. I feel like there is a tiny butterfly in my womb it felt strange all night when I hardly slept. I felt sick this morning though and have constant heartburn. Was getting cuddled this morning so he must be ok with it now. Suddenly everything comes together now and now i know why i was feeling and doing thigs for the last few weeks.

Thanks to whoever changed the title on this.

Reply Reply