It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

RandomNumbers1 HB User
Unhappy Same Problem

Hi.. you might remember me...

Ive been having a problem with a vaginal itch that Ive now had for about 7 months solid. I was 16 when it started.

It started off after I had been out with my friends at a concert and I had original thought the long journey in tight trousers ( I had on skinny jeans :/) was the culprit.
Now Im a virgin.. Im not sexual active at all Ive not had a boyfriend in over a year -incase you're thinking std.

Anyway... I tried lots of things. One doctor told me it was likely to be a ph imbalance so I used a certain soap. The other doctor told me not to use that and set me on a course of anti-biotics. None of it worked. see the itch is like a burny itch.. it starts off just a little bit but then it gets worse. I dont really know like exactly where I'd say the itch was.. but its always at the top. It feels sort of like on the outer lips but sometimes it feels like the inside aswell but its around about the clitoris or clitoral hood - its up there. It always itches in the same place.

I was beginning to get worried about it because I had no idea what it was and like I have a really active imagination so I was worrying myself to death.

My mum sent me to this chinese herbalist place - cuz at the time I didnt want to go back and get a swab test - and it was a complete waste of time.

So a couple months ago I went to the doctors and got the swab test and it came back completly clean. She said Im very healthy and there wasnt even any signs of thrush.

So I was relieved in a way but I still didnt know what was causing it. We went back to the doctor again and she gave me a cream. I told her how the itch I get feels alot like the dermatitis itch I get on my hands - which it obviously couldnt be but its like a reaction to an irritation - and that I thought maybe I was having a reaction to something. So she told me to use the cream and like avoid soaps for a little while.. and be careful with any sort of body spray or lotion or anything - so I was. My mum got new detergent and it was really mild sensetive stuff to see if that would make a difference - and it didnt. The doctor told me to come back if I still had it and she would take a look.

Ive not went back . I still have the itch. I kind of have a problem with alot of hair down there.. and Im so so so embarassed to have to get half naked again . I sort of have the feeling that she wouldnt be able to see that area anyway because if there is a rash there I certainly cant see it- not that I look - Im really uncomfortable with it. So I was thinking if I did go back then maybe I should like shave - but I dont like that idea because it could make the itch worse or like the doctor may try to put the itch down to shaving. I dont shave often also. I tend to use removal creams but I havnt used anything there in a very long time. I normally just use the removal creams on my bikini line.

So Ive told my mum Im going to go once I come back from holiday. Im going with my school on saturday for 6 days . Im going to take a little tube of canestan with me because it doesnt put away the itch but it does ease it a little. I do get the itch everyday.. sometimes its horrible... a little while ago I was really really itchy and I just had to scratch it and it hurt for like 2 days after it when I was sitting down. The weather will be hotter in Spain where we are going and I was wondering do you think that will affect the itch? Can you recomend anything better that I can take with me for the itch?

What are your views on what this could be?
What do you think I should do?

it really is appreciated because Im at wits end lol. I think the most horrible part is that I dont know what it is and its just so horrible.. it makes me feel horrible and I honestly dont know whats causing it. Im like really afraid that I'll have this forever and like I'll never get good treatment for it .

Please reply
Xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
(female)

jackolantern HB User
Re: Same Problem

I have no idea what it is or what to do to make it go away, but to give you a little relief I wonder if sleeping naked would help? (Maybe you have already done that) That way you could let yourself breathe down there. Also, the doctors probably already mentioned this but the fabric you wear could make an impact. You know how they always say wear cotton underwear to let yourself breathe. And not wear tight fitting clothes. Also, if you are going to a beach on your vacation be sure not to hang out in a wet bathing suit after you're done swimming. And if it's hot out and you get sweaty easily then try changing underwear/panty liners often. But you've probably thought of all this.

The fact that your mom tried a different laundry detergent is good. You said it was mild... so was it free of dyes and scents?

I don't know what to tell you but I personally would avoid any products period for a few days if you haven't already done that. It might be that just when it starts to heal another lotion or cream is applied and then it gets irritated all over? I don't know.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
(female)

RandomNumbers1 HB User

Hm...sleeping naked lol I dunno about that. Yeah she had mentioned that but no matter what Im wearing I still itch . Yeah it was completley free of scents and dyes. Thanks for replying anyway I suppose it could be because of the creams but Im not sure myself. :/
xxx

Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

have you tried perneial wash it is a lotion to at least help with the itch. my daughter had a problem when she was 4 till about 9 with her vagina itching one dr said it was a fungus like jock itch we used fugus cream for a very long time until it finally stopped good luck

Closed Thread