It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

tiffany1921 HB User
breast pain

I have pain that is usually pretty consistant in my left breast, or underneath the breast. I went to the Doctor about a year ago and he said more than likely it is cartilage rubbing...how long can this continue?? What is a proper treatment for this? What other possibilities could this be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

supermom3 HB User
Re: breast pain

Hi Tiffany!

Wow, that sounds just like me - since 2004 I've had occasional left breast pain, where out of the blue I have little sharp pains - I've had ultrasounds, mammos, manual exams, etc., and they keep saying it's muscular - (I've also been told it's hormonal, possibly from caffeine, etc.

If you're like me (a worrywart) get it checked out for the reassurance - it's probably nothing to worry about, but I like getting the reassurance -

supermom3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

supermom3 HB User

Hi again Tiffany!

Sorry, I just noticed that you did say you went to the doctor - if it would make you feel better, ask for an ultrasound - from your post, it sounds like the doctor a year ago did a manual exam (poked an prodded!) -

hope this helps!
supermom3

Old 06-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
(female)

tiffany1921 HB User

Hello Supermom3~

Thank you for the replies...Now, that you mention the caffiene thing - I started having the pain about 6 months after I started drinking coffee. I do feel a lot better now. I am going to just have decaf from now on.
Thank you so much! Take care, Tiffany

Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
(female)

tiffany1921 HB User

Hello~
I just wanted to let you know that I switched my coffee to decaf and the pain has stopped. In fact, it stopped in only a couple of days without the caffiene!!! Thanks again ; )

Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

supermom3 HB User

Hey Tiffany!

Good for you! I'm glad you noticed a difference - I am still having issues - I had an ultrasound from my gyno in June in the left breast/armpit area and all she saw was breast tissue - obviously a relief but still frustrating! I know I'm the one who originally posted to you about what I was told about possible caffeine but I haven't made an effort to eliminate it to see if it makes a difference! My problem is that I have a serious diet soda problem!!!

I think I'm going to make a point to cut back on the diet soda and when I do drink it I will make a point to drink caffeine free only!

take care!
Bonnie

Closed Thread