It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

sandydog HB User
Post Menopausal Bleeding

Hi everyone - I'm new here - Sandy (or SD) is my nickname. I lost my "SandyDog" a few months ago and am still very sad about it. Thank you all for sharing your stories. Your information is often more helpful than the internet. Anyway - here is my history about postmenopausal bleeding. I'm 56 and went through menopause about 11 years ago. I've taken continuous HRT since then. I started spotting several months ago. It was very scant, but was getting heavier where I definitely needed a mini pad. Finally I just stopped the HRT - thought maybe I had too much estrogen. In about a week (& several hot flashes later), the spotting actually stopped, BUT, I was missing my estrogen. I work for a GYN nurse practioner. She gave me 1/2 strength Estratest to try. So, I alternated that with the regular strength (& my prometrium). About a week later, I had my first "period" since menopause. My boss recommended an US (and to stop estrogen and increase prometrium for now). I read anything and everything, especially about the thickness of the lining. While being scanned, I nonchalantly asked how wide the "stripe" was. The tech said 0.76 cm. I thought that was very small until I realized I had to convert it to mm (7.6). My report came out as saying "7mm", and also one small anterior fibroid (less than 2cm). Next step - biopsy (5 days ago). I am still waiting for results. I saw the specimen, and my boss reported it as "5-6cm bloody tissue". From what else I read, lots of tissue is not a good thing. There are so many reports about relationship about thickness, HRT, and cancer, and the longer since menopause, the higher the risk of cancer. The tech said it wasn't atrophy and she didn't think it was hyperplasia. No polyps seen on this exam, but need a saline US to be sure. My head is spinning with all this info. I've been on just prometrium for 10 days now - started with 2 pills a day (5 days), then 3 pills a day (5 days), and will start 4 pills (max) tomorrow. The spotting is definitely lighter, but there is still some "activity" going on (don't need a pad). Boy, this waiting for results is so very stressful. We leave on vacation next week and I might not know anything - don't know if I should ask for a call or not. Sorry to be so long-winded. Thank you for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

grattenbury HB User
Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding

Hi Sandy
if you look a few posts down from yours I am going through a similar thing. The stress is awful. My post is entitled very scared
Gilly

Closed Thread