It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

Hoppy2006 HB User
Breast dimple, or PMS related? Or normal?

I'm due for my annual mammogram, so this will be getting checked out, but meanwhile, I'm trying not to freak out too much ...

I have sort of a dimple on the side of my breast, near my armpit. Looking back, I think I first noticed it a month or so again, when I thought I saw a little shadow there while looking in the mirror. But I couldn't see anything when I looked directly at it, and figured it was the light catching the little skin things I have in that area (which have been pronounced by professionals to be little skin things and not breast things.) But within the past 24 hours, I noticed that when I flex my muscles there, the dimple becomes more prominent. It's basically a straight horizontal line, maybe 2 inches long, and it disappears completely when I raise my arm above my head - which, according to everything I've found online, is the opposite of what dimples actually do (they apparently tend to be more prominent when the arm is raised.) I can't feel a lump there, although I might just not be trying hard enough.

When I flex the other breast, it sort of bulges out in the same place, but doesn't get that little dimple/crease. That breast has always been slightly larger and rounder anyway, so it seems reasonable that flexing would produce different appearing results, but I don't know! It seems weird I've never noticed this before if it's normal - on the other hand, it's really only obvious in the particular light of my bathroom.

The other factor is that I'm on day 3 of my period, and my breasts are fibrocystic, so they always swell up a bit, and not always evenly. They often do look a bit lumpy and uneven around that time of the month, so maybe this is related? I've also been working out a lot over the past six weeks or so, and have probably gained pectoral muscle and lost a bit of breast fat, so maybe that figures in too?

Has anyone else experienced this? How did it turn out?

Last edited by Hoppy2006; 06-08-2008 at 06:56 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hoppy2006 For This Useful Post:
yasdnil72 (07-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread