It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

lincslady2 HB User
Labia minoria very painful and swollen

Hi everyone, I am hoping that someone recognises my symptoms, and can give some advise to me.
My right sided labia minoria is VERY swollen, at least four times the size it usually is. It has been like this for a couple of months now. When it first happened, there was a round lump, a bit like a large pea, situated in the middle of the labia. After a couple of weeks of pain and discomfort, it burst and went away. However, the swelling stayed. The lump has appeared twice more, and again, burst. Today it is back again, very sore, angry looking and throbbing. This isn't related to monthly cycles, as I had a hysterectomy eleven years ago.
I know that sitting in a warm bath would help, but I can't do this, as I have serious back problems and am unable to get in a bath.
Could this be a Barthloin cyst? I don't want to bother my Doctor if there is no need. Any advise would be great. Many thanks.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dancergal19 HB User
Re: Labia minoria very painful and swollen

I don't have any suggestions of what it could be but I would strongly suggest making an appointment with your OBGYN. It doesn't sound like something that is going to go away on it's own.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
(female)

JimmySara HB User

This sounds to me, just from what you have said, like it could be a sebastious cyst (I am not sure I spelled that right). I have one, or should I say get one, on the bikini line on the right side. It bumps up, but where mine is, there really is no pain. It finally either pops or just goes away, then I'll be about a month free of this bump, and then it comes back. I went to the doctor to ask him what was going on, and he told me it was a sebastious cyst, and the only way to get them to never come back is to have it removed when it is there. There is like a root to it deep down that does not come out when it burst, so they just keep coming back.
I don't know if that is what it is, but because it keeps coming back, it sounds like what I have on my bikini line. I say go to the GYN and tell her the whole story, and if it is still there show her. Because of where it is, that is what is making your labia swell, and maybe the root of it is causing the swelling never to go down. I am not a doctor, so make sure to see your GYN ASAP!

I hope this helps!!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
(female)

lincslady2 HB User

Hi, thanks for the replies, I think your'e right, I do need to see the Doctor. I will post again when I have been, maybe if I get some answers, it may help someone else with the same problem.
Again, many thanks for your help.

Closed Thread