It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
(female)

threewingedfury HB User
How far along can I be?

For the past 5 days I took a First Response (5 days earlier) pregnancy test every other day. The first 2 days, nothing showed up. Yesterday morning, I could see a faint blue line in the second window, but my husband and the rest of my family said they couldn't see it. I went to the health department yesterday evening and their test did the same, it was very faint. I'm thinking my period was 3-5 weeks ago but I can't remember because I was having my period every 10 days or so, so I didn't keep up with it. I've been feeling sick for the past week or so, having the worst cramps, my nipples hurt like hell, my ovaries feel like they're going to burst during sex, and just plain nauseous. The health department said I could be 2-3 weeks but my husband and I didn't have sex in the past 3 weeks (so this seems weird), they wouldn't do a blood test, just urine. How far along can I possibly be if tests are showing up faint? I know our anniversary was April 28th, and we had sex that morning and the night after (and I don't remember having my period after that), but we also used a condom and a VCF that day, but the week before I don't think we did - something just seems weird? I need to know because I'm having a procedure done and I need to be at least 5 weeks before it is done. Thanks!

Last edited by threewingedfury; 06-10-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User
Re: How far along can I be?

Your best bet is to call your doctor. They can do bloodwork and should be able to tell approximately how far along you are by how much pregnancy hormone is in your blood. They can also do an exam and possibly an early ultrasound to date the pregnancy. Congratulations and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
(female)

threewingedfury HB User

So I went today for an exam and something still doesn't seem right. I took 2 more pregnancy tests yesterday at home and they came up negative. I had a sonogram and another pregnancy test done at the doctor - and everything is showing up negative - they're thinking that I had a miscarriage, but its weird because I'm not bleeding. I'm hurting like hell and I figured I was having an ectopic pregnancy, but now nothing is showing up in the pregnancy tests. The doctor tried to blame this on my endometriosis, but I don't know, I don't think something is right. I'm really having bad pains and tenderness, and I stay sick, plus no period in 5+ weeks, what the heck is going on? 2 negatives, then 2 positives, then 3 negatives, I'm confused!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
(female)

whit3 HB User

I have often missed periods for reasons we still dont know and often thought i was pregnant also. I also sometimes got false positives, thats really confusing!

But you seem pretty convinced that your pregnant, are you trying to be? Or if your not trying, do you atleast want to be? Sometimes we can wish so hard that these symptoms appear because we're hoping they will.

Also, the fact you have missed your period may make you feel funny. I know when i missed mine i felt bloated and sick on and off and tired because your not really meant to skip them and can make you feel funny when you do.

If your doctor is convinced you are not pregnant, and all pregnancy tests show up as negative (even if you see a positive and no one else does i'd take that as a negative), i would stop stressing.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
(female)

threewingedfury HB User

Yeah I just find it weird that I tested positive at a health department the same day I tested positive at home, then from then on out I was negative. I'm just confused I'm really not trying to get pregnant, I just want to know whats going on.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

It may have been a chemical pregnancy. If you tested very early before you were due to get your period, then you may have discovered a possible pregnancy. I'm not sure of the exact science of it all but you can do some more research on the Internet about it. It's quite staggering that lots of women have been pregnant before, but many don't know it because it ends before they ever test.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
(female)

threewingedfury HB User

Ahh thats something I hadn't heard of and I wasn't told about it before - I did a little researching and it could be possible, but I still haven't started my menstrual cycle back yet (which I am hoping will be soon considering I was having it every 10 days or so and now I feel weird without it!) - I did read that it does occur often, but it is rare for women to have the symptoms I did - I was in so much pain that I couldn't work - I had sharp pains in my uterus and ovaries, and I figured I was having a miscarriage, but I never bleed, so thats why I went to the doctor ASAP - I was also told that my endometriosis could be making things a lot worse - I'm still going to take another pregnancy test in about a week just to make sure that I'm not - thanks for the info though

Closed Thread