It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Breast Cysts

I was wondering does anyone know if it is common to have cysts in one breast only?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
(female)

MaryAnn HB User
Re: Breast Cysts

I have had cysts for 5 or 6 years. For a long time it was only in the left breast, but now I have many on each side. The left side always has the most. I can feel a few of them, but for the most part I wouldn't know they were there if the ultrasounds didn't find them. I think they come and go and change in size. I used to worry about them, but now have learned to live with them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
(female)

red64 HB User

I have been having breast cysts for the last 14 years in the left breast only. they lactate and they get abcessed and I have had 5 surgeries. 94, 95, 97, 98, 08. I have just had an MRI to rule out FIBROCYSTIC breast disease and now I am looking into pituitary gland issusues. Also, Hypothyroid issues. I don't know if you lactacte or not ( I DO ) but after all these years I am just now finding out that hormones can play a big part in it. Try to find a good Encronologist and have your thyroids checked it's a good place to start.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:00 AM   #4
(female)

velvetblue22 HB User

Hi There,
I got on this board tonight because I'm having cyst issues too. I wanted to comment to your post. Yes, it is possible to have cysts in only one breast. I used to have them just in my left breast, but now I have them in both - although the left side is the side that gives me the most trouble. My doc doesn't seem to know or offer any solutions for the pain and swelling I experience 2 weeks before my period every month. She told me that caffiene can aggrevate them, but I don't drink caffiene anymore and I haven't for a long time. I do have yearly mammograms and my doctor says that there is nothing suspicious, but says that my breasts resemble "cotton candy" on the mammogram films. I'm 43 and am peri menopausle and having A LOT of trouble with swelling in my breast and breast pain due to the fibro cystic disease. My breasts have been swelling so severly lately that I have developed new stretch marks on the outer sides of my breasts. The pain is so awful sometimes that I CAN NOT wear a bra - thank goodness I'm only a small B cup! At night when I'm sleeping I sometimes wake up because the pain is so bad! This has been going on for many years. My doc put me on birth control pills that I will start next Sunday after I get my cycle. She says this might help regulate my hormones. I hope so because living with the is so painful. None of my other family members experience this - nor my friends. Sometimes I just need to vent about it. Maybe I need to find a breast pain support group! Just kidding! Seriously though, it's good to share info about this condition because it's not only a nuisance and a physical pain, it also can be a little scary.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi everyone! I am 43 also and have fibrocystic breasts. I started having mammograms 4 years ago. I have had a cyst every year now in one of my breasts. Usually the left. In April I had a small cyst in the left breast. Now here in July I had a cyst crop up that I can feel. It is 2.5 cm. I had an ultrasound done. Once again it is a cyst. They say I can just leave it but my regular doctor says that I can meet with the surgeon to have it drained if I want. Any suggestions about that? Of course I am scared. All this to answer the question. Yes you can keep getting cysts in one breast. Mine seems to be the left, and my left breast is slighty bigger than the right. Left is 38D almost and right 38C. Weird huh?

Last edited by TEdds83; 07-11-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Closed Thread