It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

samwhiplash HB User
Lump on breast skin

Ok.... to start with - Im 32 and prone to boils (been tested before for diabetes and I dont have it). I tend to get them around where my bra underwire sits.

10 days ago I developed what I thought was the start of a boil on the underside of my boob (not where my underwire sits - on my breast rather than underneath it... but on the underside of it). I started putting sudocream on it (as I would do with any boil) but it never really developed into a boil.

By day 3 it was HUGE (i hve F sized boobs anyway lol)...... the main part was hot and raised and sore with a larger red patch surrounding the outside of the raised part. It feels like it is the very top of my skin and just barely into the lower layer of my skin below it.

I babied it along for days with sudocream and it has now decreased in size majorly to about the size of a fingertip. The general circumfrence around it (maybe an 1") is darker than the rest of my skin. Its not sore anymore - not even to manipulate.

It nver turned into a boil..... but has lasted longer than any1 Ive ever had.

MIGHT BE WORTH MENTIONING that I have developed a boil on my tummy and also on my inner thigh (all same side of my body) - having not had any boils in months and months.

Wondering if I need to be particularly worried, or not... since I am prone to skin infections.

Thanks for any sugestions/advice.
Sam

Old 06-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

Kirsty75 HB User
Re: Lump on breast skin

ouch! Sorry to hear you suffer boils on a regular basis as I know how painful it can be.

It does sound like a boil going down or infection but it may be still worth checking out? I truly believe when it comes to breasts if any lump is out of the normal for you then get it checked! it may be nothing but it's better than guessing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2008, 04:40 AM   #3
(female)

samwhiplash HB User
Re: Lump on breast skin

Good news - went to the Dr, its just a skin infection called Cellulitis. I have a strong antibiotic which should sort it out

Closed Thread