It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Night Sweats

I've been having trouble sleeping this week due to night sweats! They aren't so severe to the point where it soaks the sheets or anything. I just wake up all sweaty then get freezing cold from my skin being damp. My apartment is pretty chilly anyway! I got them last year at one point as withdrawal symptoms after going off of anti-depressants, but that wore off as my body got used to not being on the meds. I'm only 21, so nowhere near menopause. Any ideas of what else can cause this? No new medications here or anything new going on.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Night Sweats

Get your hormones tested. Male & female.

They may be out of balance from the anti-depressants. Those pills cause a lot of sexual & hormone problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Even if it's been since last fall since I took them? I definitely know I did get the night sweats for about a month afterwards and then it went away.

Also... I often work out at night... do you think it's possible that my body just gets warm again even after a shower and relaxing some before bed beacuse of working out? If so, I'll just have to deal with it because that's the only time during the day I can work out!

Old 06-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I sometimes get them when I have PMS.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
(female)

velvetblue22 HB User

OMG, I have terrible issues with night sweats and they're only getting worse. I would love to know more about the causes of them because my doctor looks at me like I have two heads whenever I go in and complain about them. I'm peri-menopausal for sure, but I too, SOAK the sheets and have to get up several times a night to change my pj's. My husband sometimes has to leave the bed and go and sleep in the spare room because I just soak the bed and wake him up when I get up to change my pjs. I wake up exhausted. I'm almost sure it's hormonal since I do not take any other medication other than an occassional Clarinex-D, but my doc really offers me no relief! It's very frustrating and has begun to interfere with my life.

Closed Thread