It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
brown discharge after period

I know that some people have brownish discharge after their period, but is it normal to suddenly get it when you never have? I am a little worried about it but on the other hand as I'm getting older I am noticing a few weird things going on with my period (early or late) so I'm trying not to freak out.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

JimmySara HB User
Re: brown discharge after period

I wouldn't worry about it. My period is, when it starts out, it is light bright red for a few hours, heavy deep red for about 2 or 3 days, then lighter and brownish for about 2 or 3 days. It is the end of your period, and it has been building up for a couple weeks before it starts to come out.

You can always call your GYN and talk to a nurse. Just ask her if it is something for you to worry about, she will let you know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: brown discharge after period

I actually had this start happening to me at one point when it never was that way in the past. Usually it was just red... and then one time I got the brown, older blood at the end and once even at the beginning. It's normal and can just happen with time. It doesn't even happen to me every time!

Closed Thread