It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
(female)

karalinda130 HB User
ovarian cyst symptoms but neg. ultrasound

I really need some advice here. I've been having INCREDIBLE unbearable stabbing pain in my lower right side of my pelvis (where the ovary is located). It isn't a constant stabbing pain, it only happens a few times a day, but it is so severe that I drop to the floor and immediately start crying.( I have a very high tolerance of pain). Just recently I have started having other strange symptoms as well. My lower abdominal region is quite bloated,I have to urinate quite often which has never happened to me. When I do urinate it feels as though it never fully empties. I constantly have discomfort in the pelvis region. I have almost identical symptoms of an ovarian cyst (including sharp stabbing pains in my vagina).I went to my doctor & he did an internal ultrasound to check for an ovarian cyst, and everything came back as normal. I told him I'm still in pain & that there's something wrong. He has shown no concern since the ultrasound came back normal & hasn't taken any further action. There is something wrong I know it. Has anyone else had these symptoms or have you been treated for something similiar? I don't know what to do & have no idea what it could be. All I know is that there is something very wrong.I'm so frustrated.Please help.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
(female)

DQGal HB User
Re: ovarian cyst symptoms but neg. ultrasound

First off, I'm sorry you are having pain and not sure what's causing it! Are you on any BC? It sounds like a cyst, but if it showed up negative...I'm sure it's not! I have had the same intense pain before on and off, though I had a cyst and it ruptured (that's how I knew I had one), but I went to the Dr and given everything else, symptom-wise, (some of what you described) I was scheduled for a laparoscopy... diagnosed endometriosis. Maybe you could look into that to see what's going on?! I don't know, but hope this helped. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Karalinda,

You know your body better than any physician so if you feel that your concerns are not being taken seriously, find another doctor ! I am wondering also if you are on any type of birth control. If so, this would be the first obvious thing to check out. I was on the pill for about 20 years and I began to experience endometrial atrophy. The lining of my endometrium was so thin that it became fragile and started to bleed. I also experienced painful cramps and strange sensations. I finished off my last packet and did not start another. The pains went away as did the strange pulling sensations and in my case, the irregular bleeding. I have an 8 cm simple cyst on my left ovary and do not have any symptoms. I actually thought that the pains I was experiencing were due to the cyst but 10 months after my first ultrasound, I am not experiencing any pain. Endometriosis is also a possibility and an ultrasound would not be able to detect this. Only a laparoscopy can find and remove this. Another possibility is your appendix.

At any rate, you need to find a doctor who will listen to you. Many doctors have this terrible habit of thinking that women are crazy idiots who complain about nothing. If you think there is something wrong, do something about it. The kind of pain that you are describing is not normal, especially if you have not changed anything in your life recently (ie. began or stopped birth control pills or changed medications etc..). Find a doctor who will take you seriously.

I hope you get some answers soon. Take care.

Estria

Old 06-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Did you get checked for a UTI? Sometimes the pain can be all over. I would see another doctor. So many things can cause those symptons. Usually they have to rule things out. They just don't say negative ultrasound and you are fine. So, maybe you need another Doctor that will go the distance and find out what the problem is.

Closed Thread