It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

TiffanyGrace HB User
Red face I hate PMS--who else would like to rant with me?!!!

I really need to vent...

PMS sucks....I feel like crap and I'm excessively emotional. My boobs and back hurt...I spent hours on the couch this morning because I thought I was going to throw up. Last night I almost cried because I didn't like the sound silverware was making on my plate. Earlier today I cursed at my hairdryer.

I think I'll go for a run and then spend the rest of the night watching the Gilmore Girls on DVD, lol.

Last edited by TiffanyGrace; 06-19-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: I hate PMS--who else would like to rant with me?!!!

One time I almost cursed some lady out because she took up two parking spots in the Kohls parking lot...but I was pregnant...be thankful you're not pregnant.
I do feel your pain though. I can't go shopping because nothing fits. My cute adorable 11 month old suddenly becomes a devil child and decides to get teeth during this time too - coincindence, I think not! It really does seem like a gift, huh?

Last edited by LauraLu; 06-19-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
(female)

sophitia HB User

I completely understand!!!!!!!!! At the moment I have PMS. I keep thinking to myself ' you're not a bad person, the PMS is messing you about making you think things that aren't true.'

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but doesn't it seem to take longer to accomplish simple tasks like fixing your hair or getting dressed when having PMS??? And just why does my hair seem to misbehave? And then there are those silly thoughts like ' I'm ugly!!!!' And then, there is the constant apologising to your husband/boyfriend ' I'm so sorry for being grouchy' even though you've already apologised a million times in the same day. And to top it all off...

This is a true story. ( Things DO seem to go wrong during PMS week.) My hair straightener decided to stop working on Saturday. So I bid on & won another one off Ebay. But an attempted delivery was made on Wednesday WHILE I WAS OUT. So I arrange for a redelivery, which was supposed to be today. I really NEED the straightener but off course it's PMS week...nothing is supposed to go right for me. So it MIGHT be here tomorrow. So much of my PMS irritation is being vented at the postal service of England.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
(female)

jenuine86 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyGrace View Post
I really need to vent...

PMS sucks....I feel like crap and I'm excessively emotional. My boobs and back hurt...I spent hours on the couch this morning because I thought I was going to throw up. Last night I almost cried because I didn't like the sound silverware was making on my plate. Earlier today I cursed at my hairdryer.

I think I'll go for a run and then spend the rest of the night watching the Gilmore Girls on DVD, lol.
I know I'm PMSing when I am crying because I got my feelings hurt over something that wasn't even mean. I get VEEERRRRRYYY cynical and think everyone is mad at me for some reason or another and I am generally having a crappy day.
I got really upset because my boyfriend didn't hug me with both of his arms the other day and so I stormed downstairs to the laundry room and cried for five minutes... I'm not that kind of girl, Ladies.. it's PMS... it turns you into a wuss, escentually and I'm jealous of the woman who gains power during PMS rages because I just turn into a soppy cry baby/Eeyore type gal.
And I end up watching FRIENDS or Sex in the City.. my comfort shows and if I'm having a reeaalllyy bad period, I'll either watch Love Actually or some really, really sad movie (so I can just get it all out of my system!)
Do you know that I cried while watching JUNO?! yea.. PMS.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #5
(female)

jammyslisa HB User

PMS like you all are describing is what me eventually get put on anti depressants. I did it years ago and now the only time I really have trouble with PMS is when I need a med change because the current doseage has lost it's effectiveness. I just couldn't stand myself when I was PMSing and I am sure no one else could either. It just felt like I was constantly on edge and the smallest thing would make me lose it!!!

Lisa

Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

YES, I hate it too! I'm glad I found this post...it came in a very timely manner for me!

Oh, but for me its really I hate hormone fluctuation since I'm on the Pill and don't really "PMS" anymore but sorry to say, if your anything like me, it won't get any easier!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
(female)

chris031181 HB User

Girls, I feel the same way! The day before I start, I can't help but be in the worst mood possible! I get so emotional and cry over EVERYTHING imaginable! I act like my husband is against me on everything and I am constantly apologizing to everyone for my horrible attitude! Glad I'm not the only one!!LOL

Old 06-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
(female)

TiffanyGrace HB User
Exclamation Re: I hate PMS--who else would like to rant with me?!!!

yeah girls!! pms power, lol/jk. Sophitia---I'm with you on the getting dressed...I feel like I have nothing to wear and the "acceptable" things look bad on me. I get super cranky about it and by the time I'm actually dressed and ready to go my bedroom is trashed! Does anyone else feel super guilty about the stupidest stuff? I felt bad for not texting a guy back once (and I knew better than to do it because he hurt me before, but still, felt super guilty). I get paranoid too...if someone just looks at me wrong I think my mascara must be smeared or that I have a huge sharkie in my hair, lol.

Loving pms right now, ha. I'm sort of a health nut and I've been passing up the carrot sticks for Sarah Lee cheesecake bites......oh my goodness, they taste SO freakin' good right now. I've decided nutritional content doesn't count during pms. And........I'm getting all sappy watching Take Home Chef on TLC...man, Curtis is some good eye candy.

P.S. the caution looking icon that I used for this message SO describes me right now--caution: cranky with tears; chance of precipitation 99%

Last edited by TiffanyGrace; 06-20-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
(female)

sophitia HB User

There is no point in trying to eat healthy when under the grip of PMS. I just happen to live above a bakery so there is lots of temptation because of all those sweet bakery goodies. And yesterday I shared a bag of M&M's with my husband. And even now I'm STILL thinking about food even though I ate enough today.

As for tv shows I watch to make me laugh & be in a good mood, I have a collection of Seinfeld dvds. And if you think you're feeling paranoid now, then watch Coma ( the 1978 film with Genevieve Bujold) which focuses on the lady doctor who uncovers a conspiracy at a Boston hospital ( and EVERYONE thinks she's insane!!! No one seems to believe her when she says that carbon monoxide is putting patients into comas after going into the hospital for routine procedures.)

Years ago I read this amazing & hysterical book about PMS. I think it had a picture of Joan Crawford holding an ax on the cover. Anyone know which book I'm talking about?

Closed Thread