It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
pregnancy and medical issues.

I have chronic pain/fatigue post-lumbar fusion of L4-S1 four years ago. I tire easily, get cranky, sore. Hubby wants kids, I don't. One reason is my physical health the other my emotional health due to the physical limitations. I can't go without my ultram for even a few hours. I am active, but tire just keeping up with myself. I can't even hold my five pound dog for more than five mins or so, and playing, well, I tire out at about the same rate.....The idea of kids even hurts and wears me out. Anyone have a similar story who DID go through a pregnancy????

Last edited by mel1977; 06-19-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: pregnancy and medical issues.

I didnt start having health issues til after my second son but it hasnt stopped us from ttc. But we have done lots of talking with my various drs to try and make it as safe as possible.
For me we werent able to find any meds that would ease my pain so currently stuck with a tens unit to help and waiting to get an implant like the tens that will go 24/7 instead of the temporary tens unit.
Am I worried about myself and how things will be if by some miracle I get pregnant,yes I am. But that is mainly because I know my limits and worry that will effect the joy of having another baby. The plus side is I have a wonderful DH who I know will help with every chance he gets.

Now to be honest if you dont want kids then dont have them because your Dh wants them. You should also talk to your dr honestly and get his/her opinion on the matter. The reason I say that is becuase s/he will know the meds you are on and the effects it can have on both you and the pregnancy. S/he will also be able to tell you what pregnancy may do to your current condition. Pregnancy is a rough road even for totally healthy women throw in stuff like what you are going through and it can make it much worse.
There are women with health conditions that get pregnant and do just fine just take a bit more planning and arranging to do.
Good luck
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread