It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

johnsonwife HB User
I have a ruptured cyst

I went to the doctor last week and they told me i had some fluid prolly from a ruptured cyst. They told me it would heal on its on. That was all they told me. My husband and i want to have a baby and this could be keeping that from happening. I am so scared and dont know what to do. I am thinking about talking to another doctor. Im just not sure yet.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Re: I have a ruptured cyst

What that doctor told you is all I've ever heard also, your system absorbs the fluid. Many women have to be opened up and they either pop the cyst or take them out. Sounds gross I know, but true. I had endometriosis growing on the outside of my uterus and still got pregnant. Hope that helps, Diana.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Re: I have a ruptured cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonwife View Post
I went to the doctor last week and they told me i had some fluid prolly from a ruptured cyst. They told me it would heal on its on. That was all they told me. My husband and i want to have a baby and this could be keeping that from happening. I am so scared and dont know what to do. I am thinking about talking to another doctor. Im just not sure yet.
I've had multiple ruptured cysts. Of course mine always landed me in the emergency room. But anyway, as far as getting pregnant, it completely depends on what is causing the cysts to get large enough to rupture. Although it is normal to have cysts, it is obviously not normal for them to rupture. It could simply be that for some reason or another your hormones have been off, or could be so much as a disease like PCOS or something along those lines. If you are planning on having children, it is worth investigating the cause.

Closed Thread