It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
(female)

lostsoul25 HB User
Question Brown spotting a week before period due

Hi all, first off I am very scared as this has never happened before. A few things about me.

30 years old, I have 3 children and had a tubal ligation 5 1/2 years ago. I have always had "normal" periods that are like clock work until here recently in the past few months. I have always had a 7 day period and have noticed they have ended a day or two early the past 2 or 3 months. That didn't worry me any until now.

1 week ago today I started feeling like my period was coming on(which wasn't due until this weekend). Headache, little bit of stomach cramps, that sort of thing. The first thing I noticed that day was brown spotting which I have never experienced before except towards the end of my period. This has went on all week. I kept thinking I was going to start, but never did. Sometimes I'd go a half a day and there would be nothing and then the brown would come back and two times it was red...then back to brown. This evening I "think" I have finally started, but I'm scared to death about all of this spotting for the past week? What could it possibly mean? Is this normal for some or is it a reason to be concerned? My insurance doesn't start for another 2 weeks is why I haven't been seen by a dr. yet.

P.S. and a fear of mine. My Mom experienced "female" problems when she turned 30 and had to have a hysterectomy(sorry for the bad spelling!) due to cysts she had on her ovaries.

Any info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by lostsoul25; 06-28-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
(female)

momto3boys1girl HB User
Re: Brown spotting a week before period due

It could just be your cycling doing some changing. I am 32 and I swear when I turned 30 my body broke and I have had so many issues. I am now scheduled for a hyst at the end of July.

I would not say anything is wrong but if it bothers you than make an appt with your gyn.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
(female)

lostsoul25 HB User
Re: Brown spotting a week before period due

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boys1girl View Post
It could just be your cycling doing some changing. I am 32 and I swear when I turned 30 my body broke and I have had so many issues. I am now scheduled for a hyst at the end of July.

I would not say anything is wrong but if it bothers you than make an appt with your gyn.

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope your surgery goes well.

It was such an unusual thing for me and I didn't know if it was normal or if it could possibly be a sign of something else. Really freaked me out!

Closed Thread