It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 04:54 AM   #1
(female)

smiler1978 HB User
Cin 3

Hi All

Im new to this site, Im in the UK and earlier this year was shocked to have an abnormal smear. I was a year late having my smear. Im 30 years old, have no children and can count on one hand how many sexual partners ive had! So was shocked to be sent the letter.
Ive had a colposcopy and getting the results have been a nightmare due to my consultants 'busy schedule'! Nearly a month has passed and after being told on the day of the colposcopy that from the screen that I would need some treatment but it wasnt done there and then, probably due to my nervousness and because they said it was large area.
So after chasing my results with no luck I had my GP call to speak to the consultant, She told me that I have CIN 3 but its spreading to my glands...i didnt ask enough questions - can anyone tell me anymore about this?
I was told originally that I wouldnt be treated any later than the 1st september as in the Uk they aim to have no longer than 12-13 weeks from referral date. Now im being told that it defo wont be in August because my consultant on hols.
So , my gp recommended two options, the first that I pay to go pvt!!! I just cant afford this, secondly complain to PALS within my hospital, which I did, so I have an appt on wednesday to see the consultant.
Can anyone give me any more info on CIN 3 spreading to glands? Thanks guys

Steph x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
(female)

Dee842 HB User
Re: Cin 3

Hi there

I'm not to familiar with the UK's medical procedures. But was it the doctor that is the consultant? Because the doctor should be explaining your diagnosis to you and what procedures they will do. Not the person doing the procedure or the medical office. Here are some explanations of what Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia is and the severity of it if not treated.

Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia. Dysplastic changes seen on a Pap smear may indicate the presence of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN). This means precancerous changes are found within the lining of the cervix. The changes are categorized according to severity: CIN I, CIN II, and CIN III.

CIN III is the most aggressive form of dysplasia. If not removed, there is a high chance that it will turn into invasive cancer. CIN III includes carcinoma in situ (CIS). CIS is an early stage of non-invasive cancer -- the cells are confined within the tissue where they grew and have not yet invaded surrounding tissue. However since CIS can progress to invasive cancer, this condition should be treated as soon as possible.

Thanks and let me know the outcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread