It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB User
FIBROIDS-help...

I have 3+ fibroids and I have had chronic bleeding every month very heavy. In fact right now I have had my period since June 10th. I know I need to have my uterus removed due to the fibroids and also it has caused me to become severely anemic, low ferritin, have horrible weakness in my legs and body, tired all the time, and I guess what I want to ask, does anyone have problems with incontience sometimes. My uterus is about the size of someone being 3-4 months pregnant and they told me it is probably pressing on my bladder. Can anyone speak about their experience? Thank you!!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

PSusanp123 HB User
Re: FIBROIDS-help...

I had 5 fibroids and my uterus was the size of a 7 month pregnancy, when I finally had a hysterectomy. I had the same problems as you are having, although the urgency to urinate lessened as the tumors got larger and changed position, lifting somewhat off my bladder. Having my hysterectomy gave me my life back, and I only wish I had done it so much sooner! Get 2nd and even 3rd opinions as to treatment. There are several different approaches to treating this, one which is myomectomy which will spare your uterus if you want to become pregnant in the future. However, the fibroids may come back. I wish you well, and the sooner you take care of this problem, the better you will feel and the happier you'll be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

wipcreme HB User
Re: FIBROIDS-help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleymichele23 View Post
I have 3+ fibroids and I have had chronic bleeding every month very heavy. In fact right now I have had my period since June 10th. I know I need to have my uterus removed due to the fibroids and also it has caused me to become severely anemic, low ferritin, have horrible weakness in my legs and body, tired all the time, and I guess what I want to ask, does anyone have problems with incontience sometimes. My uterus is about the size of someone being 3-4 months pregnant and they told me it is probably pressing on my bladder. Can anyone speak about their experience? Thank you!!
Being recently diagnosed with Fibroid Tumors I have been doing endless research and what you are experiencing is typical for certain types of Fibroid Tumors. What you should do first and what I recommend is non-stop research about your condition as well as any and all treatment plans with hysterectomy being you very last option, especially if you are in your reproductive years. When you speak with you gynecologist make sure you have a list of questions to ask, know what type of Fibroid you have and where it is located. I also came across a very good website that offers Female Alternative Surgery (FAS) but I am not sure if you can list website links in the posts. I am considering that type of surgery for myself because I still want to have another child, it promises to remove both large and small tumors with little to no destruction of the reproductive system.

Closed Thread