It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
(female)

NightLilly HB User
Rectal Pain only during periods after IUD placement.

Back in February I had a Paraguard IUD put in. Every thing's been typical, heavier periods, more cramping, not the same exact 28 day cycle I used to have. But the one thing that has been plaguing me since then is that during my periods I get mild to EXTREME rectal pains during my periods.
I'm assuming it's something like hemorrhoids possibly but the fact that the pain is ONLY there during my cycle and that the pain as been severe only twice (the first month after the IUD & now) I'm just not sure.
The first time it happened I called the Dr's office I had the IUD put in and the nurse wasn't sure but she called back & said that sometimes rectal cramps are a normal part of periods.
I've NEVER experienced anything like this before. And I can't find anything about rectal pains associated with periods.

Any info any one may have I would greatly appreciate.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

ruth7 HB User
Re: Rectal Pain only during periods after IUD placement.

I've been having similar problems. I had my IUD placed approximately two months ago. Since then, starting right before and carrying throughout my period, I have unusual rectal pain as well as low back pain on the left side only. One night I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep because of the pain. I thought it was hemorrhoids, but I've tried using extra fiber in my diet along suppositories and it doesn't really help. I also never had this kind of pain before IUD placement. Wondering if the IUD can be pressing against the bowel wall. I made an appointment to see my doctor, but can't get in for a few weeks. Will let you know if I get any conclusive information. Would appreciate if anyone else has info on this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightLilly View Post
Back in February I had a Paraguard IUD put in. Every thing's been typical, heavier periods, more cramping, not the same exact 28 day cycle I used to have. But the one thing that has been plaguing me since then is that during my periods I get mild to EXTREME rectal pains during my periods.
I'm assuming it's something like hemorrhoids possibly but the fact that the pain is ONLY there during my cycle and that the pain as been severe only twice (the first month after the IUD & now) I'm just not sure.
The first time it happened I called the Dr's office I had the IUD put in and the nurse wasn't sure but she called back & said that sometimes rectal cramps are a normal part of periods.
I've NEVER experienced anything like this before. And I can't find anything about rectal pains associated with periods.

Any info any one may have I would greatly appreciate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread