It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
(male)

rickfranklin421 HB User
fibroid cysts polyps excessive bleeding

My wife has just come back from the doctor after suffering excessive bleeding for more than 3 weeks. She has a couple of cysts and polyps. She also is at this point anemic from the blood loss. She has been trying to extra iron supplements and other vitamins, but she cannot lift her head off the pillow, is their anything I am missing? What do you suggest?

Old 07-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: fibroid cysts polyps excessive bleeding

Didn't the doctor suggest that she have them removed? Is this a gynecologist or just a plain doctor? She should find a gynecologist who will remove them because her problem won't clear up until she gets rid of them. The polyps are what cause the excessive bleeding because they actually hold a lot of blood on their own. I've had to get them removed a number of times, and each time, the bleeding was significantly reduced for me. That's why I highly suggest she find a better doctor, one who will actually try to treat the problem instead of just blowing her off like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
(male)

rickfranklin421 HB User
Re: fibroid cysts polyps excessive bleeding

Thank You, changing doctors is an option, but we are still at the beginning of this process, and yes she is scheduled to be operated on. I guess at this point I am just looking to treat the symptoms a little better,(so she can function normal again!)

Closed Thread