It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
Had my ultra sound today.....

I had my ultra sound today to see if the two masses in my right breast were trouble or not. I am very lucky - They are just simple cysts and no other tests or follow up is necessary. I was very scared, but glad I did some research before I had the procedure done. Had I not known what a cyst looked like on an ultra sound I would have freaked. I saw what appeared to be a HUGE black mass in the middle of the film!
But both spots were oval shaped with smooth edges and no signs of cancer. I feel truly blessed and my heart and prayers go out to all that are fighting this disease.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: Had my ultra sound today.....

Awesome Susie!!

So glad all is well and the test came back negative!

Leea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
(female)

cody48 HB User

Susieq, so glad to hear this. Sit back now and have a relaxing evening, go out to dinner and have a glass of wine (if you drink) or tea (if you don't). Thanks for letting us know.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi gals! Susieq I am so happy for you. So glad you got good news! Time to celebrate. I had my ultra sound today too. I have cysts every year so I knew they look like round black spots on the screen. The black means clear fluid. I was so relieved when I saw mine look just like that. My cyst is kind of big, it measured 2.7 cm. My doctor called tonight and told me it is a cyst. The guy who checks the film out didn't even say I need to come back. But my doctor asked if I would like to see the surgeon and see if he wants to drain it. Yikes! Now I am scared. Anyone ever had that done?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Had my ultra sound today.....

Hi Susieq

I am so glad for you that your ultrasound showed cysts and not something malignant. I have fibercystic disease in my breasts so I've had several utrasounds done over the years.

Take care, Nadine

Last edited by music47; 07-09-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
(female)

zimagirl79 HB User

TEdwards83

I have had cysts in my breasts for 15 years, off and on. Some large, some very small, some hurt, others don't. I have also had them drained a few times, and to me it was not all that bad. I have had them drained in the gyne's office and also at the hospital with ultrasound assistance so they could see what they were draining. The first time I had it done, the doctor asked if I would like him to numb the area first but I chose to just let him drain them. He simply felt for each cyst based on the US results, and inserted a needle with a syringe attached and sucked the fluid out. It was no worse than getting a shot. When I had it done at the hospital with US assistance, the cyst they were draining was very deep and hard to reach so it was more painful.

I was told by my gyne that it is not necessary to drain a cyst if it is not bothering me. I only have them drained when they begin to interfere with sleeping comfortably or if I have a lot of pain from them. I am seeing my gyne next week, in fact, to see if he will drain a couple that I have right now that have grown in size and are bothering me. This is a different gyne due to insurance changes and we have not yet discussed how he would treat cysts, so I am hoping he will drain them himself and not make me have a surgeon do it. If he does insist on a surgeon, I will enlist the one who recently did several surgeries on me since I am familiar with him. Either way, to me it's not something to stress about, just something that is more of a nuisance.

Closed Thread