It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
(female)

nico96 HB User
Prolapse & Pain Advice Needed

Hi All,

I am new to this boards and am after some advice? I have been in alot of pain
past few months like a constant -period type pain in my lower stomach and back i have really tried hard to loose wight but just seem to be gaining especially around my tummy area? My skin is terribly spotty and i am constantly tired and down. I had a scan the other day and have been diagnosed with prolapse womb. they are going to operate to do a repair for this and also a laporoscopy to have a look to see what else could be causin pain bloating weight gain etc? Has anyone and advice for me i am going back to have a pre op talk with consultant but not til next week (a life time away for me!) What do you think could be causing these symptoms he mentioned scar tissue/cysts etc but surely this would have shown up on scan?Aww im sooo confused any advice would be great

Thanks Alot
Nic

Old 07-07-2008, 05:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Re: Prolapse & Pain Advice Needed

Nic, scar tissue and cysts don't always show, it depends on what kind you have, ie...dense or not. At least that is what I was told. I had a tipped uterus, don't have that problem anymore, now I have No uterus. Long story. Scar tissue I believe can grow from these cysts. It may be endometriosis (spelling?)this stuff can grow into things and pull on stuff inside you. They pretty much have to take a look to see whats going on. Here's another thing, can they make a sling with out having a huge surgery/incision? I've heard of this, it holds up the prolapsed organ. Find out about this if you can. Best wishes,Diana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
(female)

nico96 HB User

hiya thanks for your reply, would scar tissue/cysts be causing my problems i.e weight gain/abdo swelling and pain etc? or do you think its the prolapse causing that? As for the repair i wil ask him about that when i see him? Maybe a better idea like you say other than surgery? Thanks nic

Old 07-07-2008, 05:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

It may be a combination of the prolapse, scar tissue, endo., cysts etc..Sometimes you get that feeling of everything just wanting to burst out of the stomach. Awful stuff. I'm not too sure how much they can do about a sling if they do a Laparoscopic surgery on you. Might want to ask if a sling is in order to stabilize your uterus. You might get the standard, we won't know what's going on till we look. Sorry I don't have the answers you seek. Just suggestions. Diana

Closed Thread