It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

Emmy66 HB User
why does it smell weird

why does my vagina have a yeasty smell and its sweet smelling too!! i had it once before but it went away and its came back??? i also have strange discharge what is it? x

Old 07-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

jenuine86 HB User
Re: why does it smell weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy66 View Post
why does my vagina have a yeasty smell and its sweet smelling too!! i had it once before but it went away and its came back??? i also have strange discharge what is it? x
My guess is a yeast infection.. go to a gyno.. you can get a pill to treat it or there are many creams at the pharmacy.. I've heard eating a lot of youghurt helps too for some reason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
(female)

jinx2418 HB User

yup u probably have yeast infection. Yogurt helps but I can't remember why. The way it interacts with the yeast? You can try buying over the counter stuff or go to a gyno and get some meds from them. Take care of it soon though! It's not so nice!!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
(female)

jenuine86 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx2418 View Post
yup u probably have yeast infection. Yogurt helps but I can't remember why.
to my understanding yeast infections are caused by the introduction of new yeast into your vagina and a rise of some ph? levels.. anyway.. there's some kind of chemical or something that balances it all out.. it's weird.. but it seems to work a bit.. I know some women do crraaazy things like insert vinigars and chemicals up their vaginas... I like to stick to pharmacy meds and eating healthy....... personally...

Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
(female)

maggiecttr HB User

You must be experiencing a yeast infection. They aren't always caused by the same species of Candida, however, so if the meds your physician suggests/prescribes don't work for you, try tea tree oil suppositories (available online & at some health food stores) or even better, boric acid suppositories (available online or buy a bottle of boric acid powder & fill empty geletin capsules from a health food store). I have very successfully used the latter before bed for 10 nights in a row. It doesn't burn, but will cause a watery discharge as it comes out (wear a pantyliner the next day). There are special lactobacilli available online that can be taken orally to colonize the vagina. This will help prevent future infections (of most any variety). Take probiotics/lactobacilli/yogurt while using the boric acid, since it will kill off some of your good bacteria along with the yeast.

Best wishes!
Maggie C.

Closed Thread