It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

daedra HB User
female pain in groin when standing up

I have this pain that radiates from my mid groin area to my lower groin area, this is only right after standing up. Once I'm up and the pain goes away I'm fine, I can walk, run, go up and down stairs etc. My female doctor checked for a hernia but didn't seem to feel a lump. I'm a 33 year old diabetic of 32 years with a history of female problems, otherwise completely health, any other sugg. besides seeing a doctor which I will be in 3 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
(female)

Reyne HB User
Re: female pain in groin when standing up

I have left groin pain. It throbs, sharp pains, brings me to my knees sometimes. It is more painful with sitting and standing up. Like you I can walk, work out with little pain.

After about 20 Dr's and a millions tests...they think mine is endometriosis. They thought femoral hernia for along time but the Dr's told me I should not have pain from a hernia. I do not think that is true.

Maybe talk to your gyno and get her opinion. I am only 37yrs old and my pain is constant not just with my cycle.

Good luck, bring it up to the Dr and get their opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

daedra HB User
Re: female pain in groin when standing up

I couldn't take the pain any longer and finally went to the ER. they did an LUMBAR MRI and the radi. says I have Spinal Stenosis
Spinal stenosis refers to the narrowing of the spinal canal (normally the spae s/b 5.6 mm and mine is 2.4) anywhere along its axis. Although the disorder often results from acquired degenerative changes (spondylosis), spinal stenosis may also be congenital in nature. In some cases, the patient has acquired degenerative changes that augment a congenitally narrow canal. The canal components that contribute to acquired stenosis include the facets (hypertrophy, arthropathy), ligamentum flavum (hypertrophy), posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL), vertebral body (bone spurs), the intervertebral disk, and the epidural fat. Congenital stenosis may predispose an individual with mild degenerative changes to become symptomatic earlier in life. Spinal stenosis is most common in the cervical and lumbar areas.
I go to the ORTHO doctor Monday and hopefully get this corrected w/o surg.

Last edited by daedra; 08-11-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Closed Thread