It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

Catherine83 HB User
Knot type sore bump on vaginal lip

I noticed a soarness this morning so when I looked I had a bump type knot on one of my vaginal lips. It is near the base and near the opening on the vagina. It almost looks like a bump that woudl need to be popped but it doesn't have a head or anything like that to it. Its like a knot (think of an ingrown hair type look). I've never in my life had anything like this. Would can this be and what should I do to treat it. My doctor is out of town until Monday so I'm freaking out. My husband and I had sex about 5-6 days ago but it was irritated then. I do not have any STD's if that is what you are thinking. Help Please!!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
(female)

Bunn3h HB User
Re: Knot type soar bump on vaginal lip

Try putting a hot/warm washcloth on it a few times a day for a couple of days. This should help the soarness and reduce the size.

If it's what I had, it can be popped, which in my case helped it go away faster, but try the washcloth thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

Ok, I will try doing that and see what happens. I did some more online research and found something that sounds very much like it. From what I'm guessing, it is called a Bartholin Gland Cyst and if it swells and becomes infected then it turns into an abscess. Is that what you had? They said that it usualy goes down within 2 days to a week. I called my doctor and I cannot get in to see her until July 15th (the day after my b'day..happy b'day to me...ugh Anyway, did you ever go to the doctor for yours or did it just completely clear up on its own? Thanks for your help

Old 07-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

I put a warm damp cloth on the spot about 3-4 times today. I just went to the bathroom and noticed that it was bleeding and it looked as if a small amount of infection came out. However, it didn't go down in size any and it is still very sore to the touch. I don't really even feel it unless I actually try to touch it...walking or sitting doesn't hurt. Even if it cleans up before my doctors appointment on Tuesday, I'm still going to see her and let her check it out.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
(female)

Bunn3h HB User

My mom actually took me to the gyno after it popped (sorry for TMI) and the doctor told me to put the washcloth on it. She said it was nothing serious but I can't remember what she called it.

I believe I got it from sitting a certain way. I would sit with my foot underneath me and it made everything external down there fall asleep. I've gotten them several times (but only went to the doctor for the first) but they've all gone away with the washcloth trick. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Bunn3h; 07-09-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

its a boil you shouldnt pick or squeeze it if at all possible you can get an infection in your blood you can also use a warm tea bag to put on it to make it go away

Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

I get these a lot...but usually, for me...it rarely gets sore or painful (unless I'm picking at it a lot LOL) mostly just itchy and lasts months...if it becomes too annoying, I'll go to my doctor and get antibiotics...but I try my best not to do that b/c then I'll get a vaginal infection from the antibiotics. LOL which is more painful than the bump usually. If you do pop it or is starts oozing...make sure you wash the area well so it doesn't spread. (regular old unscented soap and water)

Old 07-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #8
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

It was very sensitive that first day but after putting the warm wash cloth it doesn't hurt at all...it is still there but no pain now. I ALWAYS get a yeast infection from taking antibiotics so if I have to take those as well then I'm just going to be miserable for at least a few more weeks...ugh...the joys of being a woman!!! It sucks

Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine83 View Post
It was very sensitive that first day but after putting the warm wash cloth it doesn't hurt at all...it is still there but no pain now. I ALWAYS get a yeast infection from taking antibiotics so if I have to take those as well then I'm just going to be miserable for at least a few more weeks...ugh...the joys of being a woman!!! It sucks
LOL I know what you mean!

Closed Thread