It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

teambree HB User
painful pap :(

ok, so i just got back from my gyno... just wondering if i am crazy or what but i have endometriosis so i get crazy painful periods, i'm on demulen right now to control the pain but i also need take perscription pain killers b/c it hurts so much. The painkillers im on right now aren't working as well as i thought they should be, so i asked my gyno if i could get stronger ones and he told me i should just be taking advil... advil does NOTHING for the pain i experience and when i told him that he told me i had to talk to my family doctor about it. That ticked me off because the reason i go to a gyno in the first place is because i have endo and my family doctor recommended i go to one because he doesn't know as much about that as a gyno should.

Then he asked me how i knew i had endo, like he was doubting me. So i told him i had a laporoscopy like it said in the file, and that they found endo cells. and he was like oh i guess so.

I booked this appointment because i was having painful sex and it turns out i have a yeast infection, he did a pap test and while he was doing it it was burning and SO painful, i kept telling him that it hurt a lot but he wasn't doing anything about it, hardly acknowledging me. good times. he gave me some pills to combat the yeast infection and told me to come back in 6 months

I'm so frustrated because i don't know if that should have happened, i think he should have been a little bit more sympathetic and respectful to not carry on when i was in SO much pain... what do you guys think? time for a new gyno?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

Cakies HB User
Re: painful pap :(

New Gyno, make sure you try to find one that comes recomended by a friend or relative or someone cuz just randomly picking one has never worked for me. Maybe try a female they tend to be more understanding because there women so they've experianced period pain/vaginal pain etc. Not that a man can't be a good gyn I've just never heard of a good male one or been to a good male one.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
(female)

dizzy09 HB User
Re: painful pap :(

Find a new dr. he has no sympathy or class!

Closed Thread