It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
(male)

cowboy88 HB User
Need help ASAP with potential pregnancy?

Girlfriend and I were having sex, and after we stopped I noticed some white fluid on my groin area. Looked like semen, but I had a condom on and hadn't ejaculated. However, I was fairly flacid, so maybe it came out? Condom didn't break I don't think, and as I said, I didn't ejaculate, so maybe it is her lubrication?

Now she has had some ovarian pain the last week since this happened, although it wains off and on. Could this be really bad news, or is it just a cyst or something? Let me know.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-09-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: TMI/Terminology/Wrong board/Pregnancy questions belong on the Pregnancy-teen board or the Women's Heath board (thread moved).

Old 07-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
(female)

jenuine86 HB User
Re: Need help ASAP with potential pregnancy?

could even be a yeast infection.. or her ejaculate.. or even from the condom's lube.. but if you didn't ejaculate then............ she should see her gyno maybe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
(male)

cowboy88 HB User

So there is a low liklihood of her being pregnant?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
(female)

jenuine86 HB User

if she isn't using birthcontrol, of course there is a 30%ish percent risk she could get pregnant having used a condom as the only form of protection.. remember that the tiniest hole could let those guys in..
now, if she's NOT pregnant and she is having some discharge, she may want to see someone about that.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
(male)

cowboy88 HB User

What I'm asking about is the ovarian pain though, is that a potential sign of pregnancy? That is more what I'm worried about, you seem to be concentrating on the other part.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hello Cowboy,

No one on these boards can give you 100% assurance that your girlfriend is not pregnant. The only way to know for sure is to have her schedule a visit to her doctor who will perform a pelvic and visual examination in addition to a pregnancy test.

You can also have her do a home pregnancy test in the meantime although I am not sure if it is too early for this (some of the newer tests claim to be able to detect early pregnancy). Only your girlfriend's doctor can confirm that she indeed has a yeast or urinary tract infection or some other cause for her pelvic pain (which is not necessarily ovarian) and is not pregnant.

In future, you may want to discuss using an additional form of birth control with your girlfriend. Keep using the condom, of course, as it not only helps to prevent pregnancy but also other things but think about perhaps adding spermicidal foam. A condom plus spermicidal foam substantially decreases your odds of pregnancy.

Go to a pharmacy and see if there are any early home pregnancy tests and also have your girlfriend schedule an appointment with her gynecologist or general practitioner (either one will do).

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Closed Thread