It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

Sylvia74 HB User
Unhappy Reoccurring Group B Strep In Non-Preg Woman

Has ANYONE suffered from vaginal GBS AND finally got it under control? According to my gyn and everything I've read I know it's normal part of the vaginal environment that can cause problems when growth becomes out of control. I started having problems with this in April. I mostly noticed the bad odor. My regular physician prescibed me oral antibiotics called metro...something. Worked but the GBS came back with it's bad smell and all. I went to a gyn. She gave me the same antibiotic but in a cream that I had to insert. Worked temporarily but the GBS came back. Went back to the gyn and she prescribed oral penicillin. I took all of that, worked but when I got my period the smell was awful and the other itchy burning symptoms of GBS were back again. Went back to the gyn and she gave me a STRONGER penicillin prescription and all was cleared up. I just got my period a few days ago. The GBS is definitely back again. I have been to my regular physician once and the gyn three times. That's to the doctor's office four times since april for this. Is there any hope for me??? On top of the itchiness, burning, the smell is so bad. I feel like a walking trash can. I will be going back to the gyn but didn't think it would hurt to ask if anyone has managed to beat recurring GBS?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
(male)

kimmy24 HB User
Re: Reoccurring Group B Strep In Non-Preg Woman

i just found out that i have group b step. i am not pregnant, nor have i ever been. at first i thought i had bacterial vaginosis and treated it with flagil. then i had a pap done and doctor told me i have GBS. the flagil seemed to work for about 6 weeks, but now the smell is back. i think only i can smell it, but you are right, you feel dirty. i do not have any other symptoms. no burning or itching or discharge. i hate this. i will go back to my doctor and let you know what they end up putting me on. hopefully this does not reoccur. it's terrible!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
(female)

Sylvia74 HB User
Re: Reoccurring Group B Strep In Non-Preg Woman

Update: my last plan of action was a disaster. When the GBS infection came back in July and I got another Rx for penicillin I decided that I would stop taking the pill (I was on Yasmin for abt a year) to see if just maybe the synthetic hormones were creating a chemical imbalance that promoted GBS to proliferate. Well, I got pregnant. The thing is that I went the entire month of Aug pregnant and without any symptoms of GBS. At the end of August I terminated the pregnancy and bleed from that procedure for a little over two weeks wth no symptoms. The Dr suggested I take Loestrin 24 and said the ingredient in Yasmin is known to "cause mischief". So, I started taking that 2 weeks ago. But, I just noticed the smell back last night after having sex. I'll probably have to go in to see my gyno soon. I'll keep you updated.

Closed Thread