It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
How to Get Over Baby Fever

So, I'm really wanting a baby. However, my husband and I are not in a place where we can have one right now--we are young and still in college. But that obviously doesn't make the want go away. Ever since I started wanting a baby, it's like there's babies everywhere and everyone is talking about them and other people are getting pregnant. It feels like it keeps being thrown in my face. You know what I mean?

So, how do I get over this? It just would not be smart to have a baby right now because finances are all going to school and we both have weird work schedules (him full time and me part time) and classes (him part time and me full time).

How do I make it go away without actually going through with it and having a baby right now?

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 07-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: How to Get Over Baby Fever

Oh, I know, I feel exactly the same way. I've always wanted kids, but the last year or so, I've wanted s child now. Luckily, I wind up getting to play with someone else's baby at least a few times a month, and that helps, especially when they do things like throw up all over the floor, or scream for 20 minutes straight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

find a friend with a baby and give them a break to go out overnight that will cure you

Old 07-21-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You should look at this in the Big Picture instead of just looking at it from your limited point of view. Let's be honest, the world is not in a good place right now and things are getting worse. From the war that's been going on forever to the economy backsliding to the cost of literally everything skyrocketing due to the whole gas shortage stuff....it's a really crappy environment in which to bring a child. And personally, I would never want to bring up a child in this current society being what it currently is and in this world the way things are heading. It's just not fair to children to put them through that kind of thing.

And furthermore, think about the cost of having a baby. Kids are astronomically expensive. And if you're both still in college, chances are you probably don't have any money right now, so the chances of you actually being able to afford a baby are probably pretty slim. You have to think about healthcare for yourself and the baby, diapers, clothes, formula, and other supplies. I mean, the cost just goes up and up. And if you don't even have enough money for yourself then you certainly shouldn't be even considering forcing another mouth to feed on top of your own.

It's all well and good to be jealous of others for what they have, but in the end the grass isn't always greener. And you may find that while they have to struggle to survive financially having the kids they did, then at least you and your husband will have a chance at maybe saving some money first, taking a few spontanous vacations and doing other fun stuff before you get saddled down with kids. Once you have kids, it's not about you at all anymore, it's all about them. And your life, as you knew it, is going to be over. So.... it's best not to rush into parenting too quickly.

Last edited by Kszan; 07-21-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Closed Thread