It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

gegej HB User
42 year old woman with tingling sensation down right arm

In the past few weeks I've had stiffness in either right and left sides of my neck and or soar shoulder and also soraness between my thumb and index finger but it alternates sides. Today I've had tingling in my index and middle fingeer and up through my forearm what could this be? Can it be relatd to my daily non-stop use of my new laptop I'm right handed so this wouldn't really explain the alternating pain to my left side though.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: 42 year old woman with tingling sensation down right arm

Definitely, stiff muscles in the neck could produce pain/tingling down the arms or in the hands, due to pressure on the nerve. Happens to me a lot. You may find that gently stretching your neck or shoulder muscles helps, but if the problems continues, you might want to consult a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
(female)

gegej HB User
Thumbs up Re: 42 year old woman with tingling sensation down right arm

Thanks for the prompt response and advice Jane! I will keep an eye on my symptoms and if they persist, I will see my physician

Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
(female)

luvtheislands HB User

I wonder if Bra straps pressing on the shoulders can produce the pain?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
(female)

luvtheislands HB User

Can neck pain also cause elbow pain along with the arm pain?

Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
(female)

leafonthewind HB User

yes it can. Most of the nerves that run down your arm, into your fingers, and back up again come from your lower C-spine(cervical spine). The area where we are talking about is in the upper part of your back where the base of your neck meets your shoulders. More specifically C-5 through C-8 and T-1 or the first of the Thoracic vertebrae.

The sensations are acutally processed there and then carried to your brain for further processng. These nerves also control skeletal muscle movements.

So any injury to your neck (like from a car accident, whiplash, football) can have lasting damage to these nerves as well.

Believe it or not, one result from a neck injury can be carpel tunnel syndrome.

Closed Thread