It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
urge to urinate more when I stand

for about 2 months now I have had this thing happening when I pee. I pee, then when I stand I either emediatly or maybe a few min later, feel like I have to go a little more. If I take the time to sit back down or go back to the bathroom to go more a little more will usually come out. If I ignore it sometimes it goes away. What is weird is that it is NOT all the time.. It seems to mostly happen in the morning, but can happen other times. Im only 26 and I couldnt help but thing this wasnt normal. I waited to see if it would go away and I couple times I thought it had and then it would happen a few more times. I also had one night where my urine was strong smelling and i Had a mild ache uncomfortable feeling down low in my lower stomach.. bladder area I guess. Ive also had just a couple times that I had a sharper pain shoot in my lower right side.

Well, I was tired of wondering so I went to the doctor yesterday. She tested my urine and it is perfectly fine. She did a pelvic exam and when she felt to the right I did feel a bit of slight pain/discomfort, the left side did not feel the same. SO she said I MAY have Pelvic Inflammation which is an infection that gets in and around your female organs. You dont wanna let it go because it can damage and cause pregnancy issues or infertility down the road.
She went ahead and perscribed me 2 antibiotics, and is running tests on some cultures she got during the pelvic exam AND is having me have an ultra sounds to take a look.
I am so freaked out that it is something worse, or that this PI has already done too much damage as I read that it can be there and not have symtoms.. what if I have had it for some time

does ANYONE have experience or knowledge about this?

Oh and another thing.. Pelvic inflammation is USUALLY caused by 2 different STDs.. BUT can be caused by other infectious.. bacteria I guess.. Well, I have had only 1 sextual partner, and I am his only as well. (My husband) It blows my mind that I could have this.. Im sure it cant be an STD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: urge to urinate more when I stand

Sometimes it is just as simple as your bladder not fully emptying when you first pee in the morning. It is pretty common for women. But since your GYN has said there is PID, then you are on the right track by getting the meds/treatment.

Your GYN can do fertility testing. I would think it wouldn't be til after your infection has cleared. I know it might seem scary right now, but I would try not to dwell on it too much. It doesn't always mean infertility. There is a very strong chance that you will be just fine.

Take care and I wish you the best.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
Re: urge to urinate more when I stand

thank you for yoru response. I am taking my meds, I got an ultrasound yesterday and Im just waiting on results from everything. hopefully maybe I dont even have PID.

Closed Thread